• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

long range 22 drop question

42769vette

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2009
liberty indiana
i went shooting today. cz452 varmint wolf match target ammo, vortex pst 4-16ffp.

@ 300 yds i have 13 moa left on the turret and 30 moa of holdover. i didn't get a chance to push it out to 500 (my goal). im guessing with the holdover and elevation on the turret i should run out around 425ish. does that sound about right to you folks

Re: long range 22 drop question

22tacballisticsx600a.png

http://www.jbmballistics.com/ballistics/calculators/calculators.shtml

Using the input data from the image I get ~92 MOA required for 450 yds.

thanks i ran the numbers and i should be able to dial to 375 and hold to 475 in the reticle. thanks thats closer than i was thinking. basically i have a 300yd zero with 13 moa left and 30 in the reticle

If you're talking these numbers with your scope on 16X, you can zoom out to somewhere around 12X and get that extra bit of distance out of your scope! One guy here shoots out to like 600 by doing just that, he'll just zoom out and put the target at the very bottom of his scope.

Its fun stuff isn't it! cant wait to see how ya do. I ordered a DIP Rail for my cz 452 ill let you know how i like it, you may be interested in one

I was shooting out to 500 with my el cheap O tasco scope, elevation maxed out and a hold over of about 8 mil.

what will you be shooting at? (what kind of target)

i already have the 25moa rail. my scope is a ffp so im using 30moa holdover becuase thats the most holdover that is marked

Chart looks close to what I've seen real world.
250 yd is closer to 42 moa for CCI sub sonic @1050 muzzle velocity.
300 was 68 moa.

The only problem I have run into is once you get past 300, it really starts dropping so you really have to add on some elevation to get to the next 100 yard mark.