• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Long Range Accuracy bipod

Robe

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 22, 2002
Franklin, TN
I just received my bipod from Long Range Accuracy today. It is built like a tank. Solid as a rock. Very well made. I am using it with a McRee Precision stocked 308 rifle. The rifle is a bit undersized for the bipod, but I love it. The bipod would be great for a larger caliber rifle like a .338 or .50 cal rifle. I know there are already some newer features ready to be added soon such as adjustible height legs. I will try to post a photo or two next week.

Re: Long Range Accuracy bipod

Post em up when you can, I would like to see this too.

Guys there is a newer model that will be coming out soon. I will get pics ASAP!! Several modifications have been done that will make the LR Accuracy Bipod that much greater for the "big" guns.
Dave has been very open to suggestions from various different "disciplines" and the new bipod shows that.

Thanks

Just a shout out to Dave/LR Accuracy also. Have one of the new Gen I's on my DTA SRS and it is a true work of art. It's solid/heavy piece of equipment and I love it. A bit much for the .308 kit, but well suited for the .338. Still trying to work the shim for the DTA so that the barrell gets closer to center. Right now barrel is a bit low of center, which is fine in most configurations, but can be a problem if you are running the 20" barrell with suppressor or muzzle brake.

Looking forward to Gen II (reference above) that allows you some mounting flexibility. There are some pictures out there on a blog that Dave directed me to....will try to post the link this evening so you can get a sense of the design differences.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Danny Hawkins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is a picture of the newer version

http://www.tactilite.com/mike-s-blog/ </div></div>

I'd love to try this bipod on my Barrett 98B 20"...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Danny Hawkins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is a picture of the newer version

http://www.tactilite.com/mike-s-blog/ </div></div>

I like the concept , just dislike the feet but hopefully it'll be possible to change them .

PP out

I like my AR50 but did not like the APA COMP/TACT Bipod that I had. I always had a hard time keeping the rifle from canting on the bipod due to the guns weight. Since David at Long Range Accuracy didn't yet have a mount for an Armalite, I sent him my stock and David designed a very solid picatinney type rail to fit an AR50. The bipod locks on the picatinney rail rock solid. Bipod adjusts and locks for cant and lowers center of gravity of barrel. Legs have several inches of height adjustment and be locked in multiple positions. Options for differnt feet are comming. The bipod pictured is latest prototype and will be the producion model. I already plan on getting a production model(black anadized) for my 50 and the scaled down model for my DPMS LR308.
Long Range Accuracy Youtube video
IMG00024-20101017-1356-1-1-2.jpg
IMG00029-20101017-1400-1.jpg

IMG00028-20101017-1359-1.jpg

Just received my generation II yesterday with half trunion - beautiful piece of art and well built. A lot lighter than the first version with the ability to adjust leg length. Will need to post some pictures and review, but I am very pleased with the initial inspection. Now I am looking forward to seeing the 'suspension' version in the works. Great work Dave and good luck at SHOT.