Caymanboy

Probie
Supporter
Minuteman
Supporter+
Jul 25, 2020
Ft Lauderdale
www.parkeryacht.com
As the title states, Long Range Destination Ranges, where would be suggestions for Long ranges pass 1200 yards, out to a mile or more? Rolling hills, or at least something not FLAT and lined with trees and sand.
Brief history,
I am a relatively new shooter, but have shot my fair share lately, 1200-1760 yards, in, FLAT land.
Looking for a place to shoot long distance for a long weekend, I will need to fly, rent a car and find a place to stay/eat.
Out West would be good, but also don't want to spend two days getting there.
Don't need a class. But hiring a spotter would be nice.
CB

Reactions: J Cal

phlegm

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 3, 2014
The easiest way to do this is to sign up for a match. You could also find a place to shoot prairie dogs.

The Whittington Center in Raton, NM is also a fun place to shoot.

Huskydriver

Not here for a long time but here for a good time
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2018
SLC, Utah
Blm land West of SLC Utah. 1 15 min hour west of down town slc

ChidJ

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
May 18, 2020
Georgia
I'm not sure what you are after exists on this side of the Mississippi. There are long ranges and there are ranges that aren't flat and square but I don't know of any that necessarily have both.

Maybe Black Bear Shooting Complex in Virginia?

Caymanboy

Probie
Supporter
Minuteman
Supporter+
Jul 25, 2020
Ft Lauderdale
www.parkeryacht.com
I'm not sure what you are after exists on this side of the Mississippi. There are long ranges and there are ranges that aren't flat and square but I don't know of any that necessarily have both.

Maybe Black Bear Shooting Complex in Virginia?
I am East of the Mighty Miss.
Wish to go West of there.
I don't want to do a ELR Match----yet, in due time.

SmileMaker

Private
Minuteman
Nov 27, 2004
Central Ohio
Thunder Valley in (Kimbolton) Ohio would fit your description. Fly into Columbus, Cleveland or Pittsburgh, couple of motels in Coshocton and a few VRBOs reasonably close. Range has steel out to 1 mile, covered shooting benches and depending on timing you may be able to shoot to 2444 yards. You can contact the range at
[email protected]
740-502-6530

TVP-ELR.jpg

308pirate

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Apr 25, 2017
    Sunny FloreeDuh. SE section. The hillyest I have shot is Altus and that is because I was laying on a truck.

Thunder Valley and Rayner's Range in central Ohio, Peacemaker in WV, and the other place someone mentioned in Virginia have plenty of elevation and contour compared to what you know.

Not as dramatic as the western terrain, but also not several days worth of driving away either.

Mike Casselton

Non-Bidenary Trunk Monkey
    Minuteman
  • Nov 25, 2007
    Lithia, FL
    Much mo betta, but the damn shooting mat won't stay still even staking it down.
    I switched to a giant pink and blue flamingo towel...😁

Mike Casselton

Non-Bidenary Trunk Monkey
    Minuteman
  • Nov 25, 2007
    Lithia, FL
    .338 Lapua. That was out of 100. :)) Nah. I think it was 5-6 for 10. Was a really nice morning for it. I need to ask them what size plate that is. Maybe we meet up there one day?

I'll find out from Eric if it's a standard or double.
    IIRC, it's a standard size.

I usually go there at least once a week. So, meeting up would be cool.