• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Long range hog hunt!

medium rare

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2011
San Antonio
I just sat at the look out point at the Purple Heart Ranch and smoked a hog between 625yds and 650yds. The 7 saum strikes again. I know some may say it is not long range but its the longest hog kill I have.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 14
Awesome kill I'm hoping to tag some pigs in 2 weeks at a grand. Got the spot on the ranch picked out just need the pigs to play there role

Hunting conditions, anything over 250 is long for most people. Nice kill. Can't wait to get my 284 up and running so I can try some long range kills.

That's a great shot man. I know a few folks that couldn't connect at half that distance... just not a very big target.

What bullet were you using?

t

How big was he? And did that round drop him or did you have to track him? I shot a piglet three weeks ago that was so small people at camp were calling it a rat.

How big was he? And did that round drop him or did you have to track him? I shot a piglet three weeks ago that was so small people at camp were calling it a rat.

Remember Murph, that's a bacon rabbit!

and OP, that's a friggin' good shot.

Cheers,
Breeze

The pig weighed 140lbs. The bullet went in right on the crease of the front shoulder and exited on the crease of the far side shoulder. The exit wound was about the size of a 1/2 dollar. The pig ran back towards the woods across a field but died within 50yds in the open. We watched him fall. I didnt look for blood but the exit reminded of barnes tsx exits. I'm sure there was a good enough blood trail to follow.

Sweet! I've been trying to get a long range pig kill, but the stars haven't aligned for me.