• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Long range hunting scope (1200 Ish budget)

brix8984

Private
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Tulsa OK
Looking for recomondations for a scope for my Christensen rogue in 6.5 creedmoor. I would prefer ffp and adjustment in moa. I would like to keep in around 30 oz but I am kicking the idea of using a gen 1 razor. I have an amg and love it but it's out of my price range for another. I also have a shv f1 but the eye relive is a little short and I wouldn't mind a little more power. Any suggestions for something I may have missed would be greatly appreciated. I have also looked at the 3-18 sig and 4.5-18 lrhs but not sure if I like the eight on the sig or the non illumination of the bushnell. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Again

Check out the Burris XTRII or the Sightron SIII. I have the Burris in 4-20X and will be ordering a 5-25X tomorrow for a 338 Edge. I've used the 4-20X out to 800 yards and it has performed well.

Thanks for the info. I'm not in a big hurry just want it by August. I should have mentioned that I do get a decent military discount with most companies so the budget is probably more around the 14-1700 range. The only thing that is holding me back on the scopes mentioned is being made in the phillipines not sure how the glass will do vs Japanese glass. Then again I have little experience with phillipine made scopes.

Bushnell LRHSi 4.5-18 fits the bill. I just bought one for my hunting rig and love it.

The LRHS has been a great hunting scope. Mine is from the original buy from GAP. Would by another in a heartbeat!

For me, in that price range, I'd look at the Bushnell LRHS (3-12 or 4.5-18), SHV F1 (really wish NF would come out with a 5-20 F1... Hint Hint NF!), Leupold VX6 if you don't mind sfp, and maybe one of the newer DMR2i scopes although it'd be a little heavy for a hunting scope. The Gen1 Razors I had were good scopes, but just too damn big for a hunting scope to me. If you're not overly concerned with weight though, I'd also throw in the Athlon Cronus 4.5-29.