• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Long Range Operators Challenge- Colville, Washington

idaho1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2011
North Idaho
https://lroc.squarespace.com/

March 7-9, 2014

The match is coming up fast but I spoke to the match director and a few spots are left for teams (or individuals to be paired) for the match. Details are on the web link and on Facebook. The match has great sponsorship and is designed by some great guys and should be a lot of fun as well as a challenge.

Damn, I wish I'd been on my game for this one. I didn't even catch the announcement. I'll never get my ATF paperwork filed in time! I hope this is an annual match.

With the help of some great people I managed to get the gear together to compete in this match, The Long Range Operators Challenge. What a blast it was. Great group of shooters and the course of fire was awesome. Whenever the In Motion Target guys are involved there's always tricky sight lines and real world shooting positions, usually on some nasty piece of ground.(Classic hunting for me) I love ruck marching in a match and the snowpack was an added challenge. Target ID was a lot of fun. More than once my target was almost completely obscured by a branch or brush and I had to have faith the trajectory would carry the round through the loophole. Those were really satisfying hits. The mover is always so much fun. On day two with the hostage target it was particularly challenging so I sent a few rounds in there nervously wide just to scare off the bad guy. There were some photographers kicking around snapping shots of everyone slinging lead out there, so hopefully someone can post those pictures up later.

Tarrol, thank you for pulling all these good people together for a great weekend of shooting and running around in beautiful country. Dave from Glock really hooked me up loaning me an awesome pistol for the match and when I'd dirtied that one up, Tarrol handed me his, and it proved all Glocks shoot straight, even in Canadian hands. There was a load of great sponsors (check out the squarespace link up top for the full list) who stepped up huge for the prize table and everyone went away with some killer kit.

Not sure when the next LROC is happening but I'm already chomping at the bit to do it again so you can bet I'll be there. It was an honour to compete against so many current and retired military veterans and very motivating to step up my PT so I can put a chase to you guys on the uphill climbs.

I came away with so much kit from the prize table that I'm pretty sure I got something from all of the sponsors but I would really like to thank Leupold and Magpul for sure.

Thank you to all the RO's in particular, for freezing out there, so we could run the course. Any one of you needs a favour from me, just ask. And a huge thank you to Carl and the In Motion Target crew, I really hope I can return your generosity and hospitality in the near future.

Adam

Echoing what Adam said, the LROC was a blast! The course of fire took full advantage of the fantastic terrain. Teams met and were given coordinates to stages and bonus points were awarded for being the first three teams to the starting coordinate....... The Ranger teams collected all of the bonus points!
Unknown distance in challenging positions with obstructions in in the field of view added to the already challenging course of fire. Pistol skills, rifle skills ranging skills, fitness, navigation, organization of equipment and many more field-practical challenges were all a part of the LROC. Time stress was part of the challenge but not a huge part. It was more about intelligent choices and field craft. Its was a lot of fun!

A big thank you to all of the many sponsors.... Glock, Leupold and many others. Especially, a thank you to all that RO'd and organized a great event.

LROC was a great competition. The Ballistic Edge has a good write-up about it that echoes my impressions of the match. https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Ballistic-Edge/118650968162975

Adam and Kevin, you guys can shoot. Congrats and hope to see you next year. It was an honor to meet you guys.

Tarrol, thanks for the invite, the match was amazing. The stages were very well thought out and planned, especially the loophole shooting that forced shooters into non-traditional shooting positions to accomodate. The movers and hostage/terrorist targets were a great addition. The sponsors were very generous and everyone enjoyed themselves and learned a lot. Thank you.