• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Long Range Rifle and Sniper matches in Blakely,GA

Re: Long Range Rifle and Sniper matches in Blakely,GA

I'm planning on making this one. Hope to shoot some of the longer stuff if possible.

Can a shooter use a .223? Or is the round insufficient for this course?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rookie7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can a shooter use a .223? Or is the round insufficient for this course? </div></div>

During the last match back in march, my cousin ran my .223 sdm clone rifle with no problems. That day the furthest target in the match was 770yds, and he was making first round hits.

However if this months course of fire includes longer shots, the 223 wouldn't be my first choice. Spotting impacts on steel and misses becomes very tough.

I won't be able to make this one, hate to miss but my best friend is getting married.
frown.gif

It was fun! But I guess best friends don't get married every day. They're talking about making it quarterly since the turnout hasn't been great. Only 6 guys this time. Of course if you had come and brought your friends again it would have made 9-10. I'm gonna really push some more people to come out. I think we'll have an easier time getting folks out once they finish the range and get it flipped around.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slonlo_350</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It was fun! But I guess best friends don't get married every day. They're talking about making it quarterly since the turnout hasn't been great. Only 6 guys this time. Of course if you had come and brought your friends again it would have made 9-10. I'm gonna really push some more people to come out. I think we'll have an easier time getting folks out once they finish the range and get it flipped around. </div></div>

Remember this is the weekend leading up to July4th....and the heat isn't being friendly.

The roads are still flooded here and there for me to get out that way, so I decided to not go. I went to their site yesterday and it said they were keeping it to .308 caliber as a max till they shift it around. That also kinda shut me down. I'm gonna make this thing yet.

Is this the match scheduled for the 15th of this month on the AIM calendar?

Last weekend at the 1000 yard F/Class shoot Stan Ellis gave us some info on the upcoming shoot on the 15th. 800 yards, 20"x40" steel. I'm not sure about the caliber restriction on this shoot, call if you have a question thatneeds to be answered. I do know that the range has not been flipped yet, so it still may be .308 max.

I can't wait til they have the range flipped and start having the long range competitions again. I've got a .300wm I'm ready to stretch out and see how it does way out there.