• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Long Range Shooting in Michigan

Jud96

Private
Minuteman
Dec 30, 2019
Holt, Michigan
Hey guys, I recently moved to the Lansing area a few weeks ago and I’m a long range hunter, shooter, varminter. I haven’t really found anywhere within an hour drive that I can shoot 500+ yards. I have found a lot of local farms but I haven’t asked any of them permission yet and a good bit of them are close to roads and houses unfortunately. If anyone who’s local to me or in this area could give me any tips or ideas of where I could do some long range shooting I would very much appreciate it! Thanks guys!

Youngs long range is probably 1:30-1:45 from you. Decent steel from 25-1000, the wind just doesn’t have a chance to effect anything inside of 500yds due to windbreaks on each side.

Reactions: Jud96
MTC in Lake City is also a good group of guys with open memberships. Washtenaw Sportsmen's Club in Ypsilanti has a range that goes to 600 with pit service but it's a pain to get to be a member as you need a sponsor. If you decide to go that route just PM me. Always looking for new shooting pals.

Reactions: Jud96
MTC in Lake City is also a good group of guys with open memberships. Washtenaw Sportsmen's Club in Ypsilanti has a range that goes to 600 with pit service but it's a pain to get to be a member as you need a sponsor. If you decide to go that route just PM me. Always looking for new shooting pals.
Awesome! Thanks man. I found a couple other Sportsman’s clubs that are also about an hour away that have 500-600 yard ranges. I might consider joining one of them or the Washtenaw club. Back home I had a few farms I could shoot long range on and I’m new to Michigan so I’m still trying to find things. I’m thinking of maybe asking some local farmers permission to shoot on their farms after deer season. Maybe I could get something closer to home where I could shoot 500 yards or more. We will see. Thanks again man!