• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Long Range Spotting Scopes

budcampo

Private
Minuteman
Apr 9, 2009
Was hoping to get some suggestions on a good spotting scope for .50 cal and .338 shooting. Top quality, durability, and possibly with a range finder.
Thanks!

Re: Long Range Spotting Scopes

Very nice. Very expensive, but very nice.
laugh.gif

That looks pretty sweet, gotta make some more money!

I just got a Vortex Razor Spotting scope and I can't be more pleased with it. I just took it to a 1000 yard training session and it worked like a champ. I was easily able to see bullet trace out to a 1000. I was lucky because that particular day the weather was just perfect for trace. On other days I can easily see 223 bullet holes on my 350 targer and I bet it can see longer but that is as far as my local range goes.

I recommend the Nikon FieldScope with ED in 25-75x82 goes for about $1299. The only other scopes that will come close to it will cost more money. Zeiss, Kowa, Swaroski, and Leica are the only ones that can perform at the same level or out perform the Nikon but at a radical increase in price. If you gotta go Budget do not settle for less than the Bushnell Elite with ED for about $1000. At this point you should rather save the extra $$$ and make a one time purchase and select one of the top 5 listed above and not be disappointed at all.

I know I have posted this before ,but just in case you have not seen it:

A fairly well known digiscoper did a comparison of the Vortex Razor HD and the Swarovski HD. Here are a couple comparison pics that he took:

blogrzrev3b.jpg

blogrzrev4b.jpg

I also know that this individual is Swaro pro staff ,so I highly doubt he would do any favors for the Razor image.

Honestly for the money I dont think they can be beat. Try one and if you honestly dont think it is the best spotter out there for your money we will make sure that you are taken care of. Plus there is always the mil reticle eyepiece for it that makes things a little easier in the field.

Scott