• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Long Rifles, Inc or another gunsmith for new .308 build ??

• Thread starter Deleted member 188725
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 188725

I am wanting to have a new 308 built to put on a Zermatt origin action, Kreiger Barrel, McMillan A5 stock. I need a reputable gunsmith who will help me get this rifle to be super accurate to hunt with and to bench shoot out to a 1000 yards. I've been told Long Rifles Inc is good, but is there someone else out there that's better? What are your experiences with Long Rifles Inc ?

Reactions: xphunter
There's top tier smith's. LRI is one of them. You'd have no issue sending them your stuff. Your gonna get a gorgeous, accurate rifle back. Search here for LRI check out the threads. Always looks like Chad takes care of every issue.

I am wanting to have a new 308 built to put on a Zermatt origin action, Kreiger Barrel, McMillan A5 stock. I need a reputable gunsmith who will help me get this rifle to be super accurate to hunt with and to bench shoot out to a 1000 yards. I've been told Long Rifles Inc is good, but is there someone else out there that's better? What are your experiences with Long Rifles Inc ?
Nine Run Gun/Michael DeLoach
SG Precision LLC/ Speedy Speedy Gonzalez (Hall of Fame BR Shooter)
Either one of these guys can build short range benchrest or 600/1K comp rigs for BR or F-Class, and of course for hunting. I would be glad to send you contact information if you want.

SAC and LRI will be great choices

I’ve used LRI for bolt work and they not only do great work but they email you updates as the work progresses. At least they did with mine. So there’s no questioning if your build is actually getting worked on

Either one of these guys can build short range benchrest or 600/1K comp rigs for BR or F-Class, and of course for hunting. I would be glad to send you contact information if you want.
Yes send them. Thank you

Great outfits mentioned here:

Short Action Custom
LRI
SG Precision
TS Custom

And I'll add Southern Precision Rifles and Altus Shooting Solutions.

And, there are many, many other excellent smiths out there that I'm sure others will pop up and testify about regarding their experience.

Reactions: Sig Marine
LRI is good to go! Chad and Eric over there do great work. I have 3 builds from them, all great shooters!!!

Reactions: Milf Dots
LRI is not giving fast nor informal up date work return has been very slow. Unless i am an exception.

Reactions: Poorboyr
LRI is not giving fast nor informal up date work return has been very slow. Unless i am an exception.
I went with Nine Run Gun in Georgia. LRI wanted exactly twice the amount of money for pretty much the same work.

• Love
That's almost unheard of with @LongRifles Inc.
Did you not send parts in a timely manner? Forget to provide a component? Ship the wrong item? Misinterpret some information?