• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Longrifles Inc. "The Widow" .308

shadowsk

Private
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2009
Upstate SC
Hi, I just got out to shoot my first brand new custom rifle today and wanted to post a couple pics because I wanted to give Longrifles Inc some credit. I bought this rifle from a Hide member http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/firearms-sale/241255-long-rifles-inc-308-widow.html . He called it "The Widow" so I'm going with that. I am by far a novice shooter and was impressed by the accuracy of this rifle. I put 30 rounds through it today and got a couple great groups at the end as I got comfortable behind this rifle. Like I said I'm a learning novice and shot these two groups prone with a bipod and rear sandbag I suspect an experienced shooter off a bench and this rifle would produce some extremely impressive results. The first pic was with Black Hills 175 gr and the 2nd pic was with my handload of 42.4 gr of Varget with 175g SMK. I look forward to playing around more with this rifle and some handloads. Longrifles Inc. makes a great rifle. Anyone looking for a new build should check them out!

Rem 700 SA-trued and accurized
LRI bolt knob and high helix threading on bolt
Bartlein 5R 1:10 twist barrel finished at 22"-1.105" at muzzle 1.250" at breech-11* target crown
LRI oversized tactical lug
Pinned recoil lug
8-40 screw holes with 20 MOA rail
Barreled action is cerakoted by LRI in graphite black (H-146 Q)
Jewell trigger with top safety
Manners T4 stock with aluminum mini chassis and M5 bottom metal-1AICS magazine included
Stock has been precision milled to accept this heavy barrel-I was amazed at the quality milling job completed in this area
LRI attached the barreled action to the stock using their hardware
Stock has been painted by LRI a flat/satin black-matched barreled action wonderfully with very little shine/sheen

Very Impressive, congrats on a fine rifle. Don't worry about the novice part, there are many folks on this forum that have been shooting for years that would be proud of those groups.

Very Impressive, congrats on a fine rifle. Don't worry about the novice part, there are many folks on this forum that have been shooting for years that would be proud of those groups.

Thanks very much. I'm still learning how to load the bipod correctly. I found when I did it correctly (or what I thought was correct) I got those two groups.

Congrats on the purchase and good shooting. Did you chorno the load with the 42.4gr of varget and the 175smk? I'm interested in knowing the velocity as I'm waiting for a 23'' .308 to be completed.

Congrats on the purchase and good shooting. Did you chorno the load with the 42.4gr of varget and the 175smk? I'm interested in knowing the velocity as I'm waiting for a 23'' .308 to be completed.

No sorry I did not. I'm still waiting on my Magnetospeed V3 to arrive. When I get it I will be glad to get you that info though.

Those are some nice groups, novice or not, especially off a bipod. Learning curve really tends to take off when you have a gun that shoots so well it makes your mistakes really shine, gives you the ability to see the direct correlation. So please post more groups in the future.

Great job and fantastic rifle! By the way - what program did you use to get those groups figured out on your pics? That's some pretty cool kit as well.