• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looing for a suggestion for customizing my ar15

jason_mazzy

Private
Minuteman
Aug 8, 2009
the south
Would you gentleman post a few links on who to send my upper and lower to for some trigger work, new barrel and a few improvements to my existing ar 15?

Re: Looing for a suggestion for customizing my ar15

This guy did some custom work on a bolt gun for me, but he does work on Black Rifles, as well. Super guy, that did quick work. Give him a call to see if he can fit your needs.

Mark Gordon

Jason,

Lots of decent options for trigger work out there. Since the popularity of ARs has exploded over the past decade or so, you can probably find someone to do a trigger replacement for you. The RRA double stage, the JP, and the Geissele triggers are all great options to go with.

In terms of working on your upper, I'd start with an SPR barrel by WOA or Noveske if you can find one. Provided you like the physical fit and feel of your rifle, a new trigger and a new barrel are where I'd start customizing.

I;m gonna need a flat top upper. Basically i want to turn my existing m-4 style into a much upgraded more accurate weapon system.

you can build it up yourself super easily with very few tools.

JP For the trigger. White oak armament or Kreiger for the barrel.

Upper is your choice, but I chose to go with a Rock River upper for my Rock River lower for better fit.

A good quality free float rail like the JP or Troy

If you are replacing the upper receiver(going to a flattop) and barrel, you will most likely be money ahead to sell you current upper and buy an upper in a configuration you want. Put a better trigger in your lower (I personally love the JP's) and call it a day.

Yeah, I didn't know you had the old school carry handle upper receiver... perhaps you can get cash for it as an antique! Just kidding, man. Actually, you'll be better off getting an upper with the barrel set up that you want. Noveske and LaRue are my favorite DI uppers, and if you want a piston, well, get out your checkbook! I would tell you that unless you're specifically going for an SPR build, I'd stick with a carbine length barrel. While you can do 500 yards with an AR, why not just use an AR-10? Just my 2 cents.

I have an ar 10 also. the ar 15 is my tactical weapon. and I would rather be able to mount the nv or tritium sight.