• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Look at what i just picked up.

savmk66

Private
Minuteman
Oct 27, 2009
NC
It's a Savage MK II BTVS .22LR.
1102091144.jpg

I can't put the scope on yet cause the rings were not high enough.
frown.gif

Re: Look at what i just picked up.

Buy higher rings? Or a dimensionally smaller scope?

I have the brother to that one in 17hmr. It will reach out and touch some varmints.....as long as they are not too large. :eek:45/70SS

Sould be a great shooter I have the same rilfe other than blued and in a mako stock. Shoots Rem. Sub-sonic's very well. Give the wolf match stuff a try for the real deal.

FYI I would get a EWG 20MOA base for it. My two piece bases that came with the rifle was out of spec and caused the ring to bind the scope up a little.

I picked up three packs of Remington Eley .22lr ammo. The local gun store is trying to get the wolf.

If it like the Rem/ Sub-sonic as good as mine it's a good cheap alterative to the high priced stuff. I think it shoot so well in mine I stocked up on a couple of bricks for plinking. At 50 yards or so mine does pretty good with anything I have feed it. Just try different stuff until you find the one that bug holes.

Nice Gun, my Dad loves his he has one of the SS fixed 16x and shoots tons of rem hv hollow points with decent accuracy.

You are going to love that. I have one also just like that, although in blue instead of SS. Like Khooks suggested, I would put a one piece base on that with a 20 MOA cant and a scope with decent elevation and windage adjustment. Invest some Wolf Match grade 22LR ammo and you are GTG.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are going to love that. I have one also just like that, although in blue instead of SS. Like Khooks suggested, I would put a one piece base on that with a 20 MOA cant and a scope with decent elevation and windage adjustment. Invest some Wolf Match grade 22LR ammo and you are GTG.</div></div>

I AGREE 100%, once you see how good of a shooter it is you'll want to shoot further, unfortunately many scopes don't have enough elevation. the base will help with that and raise up the mounting platform where you can use low or medium rings.

2 birds, 1 stone

also try sk match rifle ammo.

I thought that the 20MOA were for 600 yards and up?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: savmk66</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought that the 20MOA were for 600 yards and up?</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: frog5215</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not on a .22 they're not.</div></div>

the 20 moa base starts coming into play and generally a must have after 150 and definately 200 yards using standard velocity or match ammo. most scopes don't have enouogh adjustment for the 69"+/- drop at 200 yards.

for the $40.00 through EGW, it's worth the time and effort to do it right from the beginning.

Nice looking rifle!

I just finished a 93 base. I just sent a few off to be anodized. I cut out the ejection port incase something goes
wrong and you need to load one-at-a-time or get a stuck one out.

Here is the mount on a friends 93
917.jpg

I'm told it will fit the MKII. It fits my MKI that I converted
to a MKII that I call my MKI.5

93-Rail-Close.jpg

93-Rail-Close-rear.jpg

93-Rail-Left-Close.jpg

93-Rail-Close-Left.jpg

I did some in 25MOA because you loose 5"-8" with the 22lr at
100yrds. That makes it closer to a true 20MOA rail

What do you think?

cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i think it's a hell of a good looking base, if your manufacturing these, you better start advertising, they'll sell! </div></div>

Thanks TP
I also addressed the issue with some receiver holes forward of
the ejection port not matching the holes in the rail, so this
one will fit them all.

cool.gif

I don't think i'll be shooting over 150. The shooting range i go to is only 100. Would i run out of adjustments if i were trying to shoot 60-80? BTW the rail looks great!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i think it's a hell of a good looking base, if your manufacturing these, you better start advertising, they'll sell! </div></div>
If I recognize the nick, and the state he's from, he is the man behind RT
wink.gif

It would depend on the exact scope you buy and how much built in elevation it has. Scopes with more elevation built in normally cost more. With the EWG 20 moa for 40$ and a 70$ tasco varmite scope 6X24 power with mil-dot. This is the setup I topped my MKII off with and I can get to hundred yards no problem. All for 130$ with shipping inculed.

You can always get the 20 moa base later if you wish. It just suck to redo your dope. I also think after you start shooting bottle tops at 100y with not much effort with it you'll be looking for a long range to shoot at.

This rifle should wear out a 1" dot at 100y with a little practice and learning it setup on the rifle the same everytime.

FUNDAMENTALS is a most and the 22lr is a cheap way to keep them sharp as a tack.

Here are the pictures with the scope on it...
1103091708.jpg

1103091708a.jpg

1103091732.jpg

1103091733.jpg

1103091733a.jpg

Scope is a Nikon 3-9x40 Prostaff with the BDC reticle.
cp1_1103091735.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: savmk66</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think i'll be shooting over 150. The shooting range i go to is only 100. Would i run out of adjustments if i were trying to shoot 60-80? BTW the rail looks great!!</div></div>

shouldn't run out at 60-80, and probably not up to about 150ish.
but like the man said:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KHOOKS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can always get the 20 moa base later if you wish. It just suck to redo your dope. I also think after you start shooting bottle tops at 100y with not much effort with it you'll be looking for a long range to shoot at.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: savmk66</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.... Would i run out of adjustments if i were trying to shoot 60-80? BTW the rail looks great!!</div></div>
You should be fine at 60-80 and as stated most will get you to
100 easy. I did make some as a standard rail for those that like
to keep it close.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HotIce</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
If I recognize the nick, and the state he's from, he is the man behind RT</div></div>
Na, a friend just lets me use a little web space.
grin.gif

HotRod,

How low could you make that base? Given the ergos of the non-thumbhole Savage stocks, it seems like having a lower mounting solution would help with a proper cheek weld.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J-Hon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HotRod,

How low could you make that base? ..... </div></div>

I had to make it a little taller(.400 I think) because I'm having
the screws made to hold it on to the receiver. I did not like the
idea of using the factory screws. They are just too short.

cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HotRod9mm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I did some in 25MOA because you loose 5"-8" with the 22lr at
100yrds. That makes it closer to a true 20MOA rail.</div></div>
Many people don't realize that a 22LR drops alot more than a centerfire at 100 yards. Instead of a 20MOA rail that you might use on your centerfire, buy a 30MOA rail for your 22LR. The typical centerfire loses about 4-5 MOA with a 100 yard zero, but a 22LR loses 14-15MOA, so you've lost 10MOA more.

Yea, But would you steal be able to get the 50y zero must people set-up to so you still have the short range.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KHOOKS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yea, But would you steal be able to get the 50y zero must people set-up to so you still have the short range. </div></div>

Yes

cool.gif

I think that if He is truly your friend then you should buy Him a set of decent rings, Chinese rings should be outlawed on an American rifle, even if it is just a synthetic stocked rimfire bolt gun........There's an easy fix to get rid of that blade in the "Accu-Trigger", those things drive me nuts.
The rail looks good.
Just right for a $200 gun, the open port opening will be a huge improvement over other Savage scope rail options, as long as it doesn't cost too much.