• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking at a second ARC Nucleus Build - Fewer Prefit Offerings?

Rate_of_Twist

Rate Of Twist
Minuteman
Jan 29, 2018
www.rateoftwist.com
Looking at building a second ARC bolt gun. Looking to build something in .308 or .223 for fun and a compact 16” build. Have less distance here in New England and 6mm Creed can be overkill.

In searching through the Hide for answers it seems there has been questionable consistency in some of the early ARC Nucs and headspace with prefits. This is not an indictment on my part, I love my Nuc 1.2 rifle.

I also notice a lot fewer offerings from PVA for prefits.

What’s going on here?

My current Nuc is a 1.2 purchased as a full rifle from ARC. The biggest reason I wanted this action was perceived DIY builds and accuracy.

Any help would be appreciated… Would love to buy a used Nuc and build another rifle, but it’s not worth it if part compatibility/ DIY is t really a thing

Last edited:
If your receiver was built after 2017, all of the ARC prefits will work, regardless of which of the receivers it was made for. If not, you can send your Nuc to PVA (or any reputable smith), and I'm sure they'll keep the dimensions on file for you.
Other than that, you could use a Savage prefit that uses a barrel nut., of which there's a blue million choices.

Reactions: Rate_of_Twist
If your receiver was built after 2017, all of the ARC prefits will work, regardless of which of the receivers it was made for. If not, you can send your Nuc to PVA (or any reputable smith), and I'm sure they'll keep the dimensions on file for you.
Other than that, you could use a Savage prefit that uses a barrel nut., of which there's a blue million choices.
Interesting, pretty sure my Nuc as a 1.2 is post 2017, but that’s super good to know.

Reactions: kindabitey
Looking at building a second ARC bolt gun. Looking to build something in .308 or .223 for fun and a compact 16” build. Have less distance here in New England and 6mm Creed can be overkill.

In searching through the Hide for answers it seems there has been questionable consistency in some of the early ARC Nucs and headspace with prefits. This is not an indictment on my part, I love my Nuc 1.2 rifle.

I also notice a lot fewer offerings from PVA for prefits.

What’s going on here?

My current Nuc is a 1.2 purchased as a full rifle from ARC. The biggest reason I wanted this action was perceived DIY builds and accuracy.

Any help would be appreciated… Would love to buy a used Nuc and build another rifle, but it’s not worth it if part compatibility/ DIY is t really a thing
I have a Nucleolus barreled action I'm looking to sell. 6.5 saum and 6gt barrel with both bolt faces to go with it.