• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking at x15 binos

Vandoogle13

Private
Minuteman
Mar 21, 2019
WY
I'm looking at getting a new set of binos, their primary use will be spotting at the range and at prs matches.
General use will be 400- 1200+ yards the two binoculars I have been looking at in particular have been the maven b.5 15x and the meopta 15x
Pros and cons of both manufacturers is appreciated.
Also my budget is around the $1500 range.
Thanks for any input!

I’ve been in the same boat reading everything I could find. Watched all the you tube videos exc. I was all set to order a set of Swarovski slc’ s but at the last minute I ended up ordering some Meopta’s instead. I‘ve never owed anything from Meopta but I hear great things especially for the price. If the glass is comparable to my Leica Geovids I’ll be plenty happy. There’s some hide vendors here that have some good discounts right now and my price delivered came in less then your budget. Good luck, I know that’s not much help but I TRULY understand your pain.

For that price you could get a nice set of used 15x56 Swarovskis on Ebay. Hard to beat the Swarovskis in my opinion.

Reactions: Vandoogle13
Meopta Binos are excellent. I have the 12x50. You will definitely need a tripod with the 15x.

Reactions: lr123
I've been running the Bushnell Forge 15s for a while now, including getting to run some prototypes at the Altus Kestrel match in 2018 (and using production ones to RO several matches this year), and I have been really happy with them. I used to be the first RO to run and grab the Swaros when I worked matches, but now I let the other ROs fight over them.

I've been running the Bushnell Forge 15s for a while now, including getting to run some prototypes at the Altus Kestrel match in 2018 (and using production ones to RO several matches this year), and I have been really happy with them. I used to be the first RO to run and grab the Swaros when I worked matches, but now I let the other ROs fight over them.

I have a set of these that I ran all match season, best 600 I have spent in a while. They have been great. While not top tier euro glass, during daylight match hours about the only difference I have seen when compared to more expensive optics is depth of field. I bought these because they have 20mm+ of eye relief and it's handy to not have to smash your eye glasses or forehead against the cups to see a full field of view.

I have a set of 16x56 nikon's I have been thoroughly enjoying. I can't compare them tp anything else really they are the only pair I have ever owned over 10x. I could tell what kind of fish a bald eagle was eating in a tree, probably less than 500y.

I got a brand new set of the Forge 15x “secondhand” for under $500 and they are literally impossible to beat for that money.

I’ve compared them side by side to Meopta, Swaro, and Maven B5s and while you could probably nitpick differences in each, I can assure you that none of them justify spending ~$1k plus over the Bushnells.

FWIW, to my eyes at least, the Mavens best the Swaros in terms of overall optical performance while being cheaper (retail ~$1500). They are a lesser known brand but they are easily the best Bino glass I’ve looked through.

The Meostars and Forges are about equal to my eyes and do fall behind the Maven/Swaros in terms of edge to edge clarity, but again... at $500-1k less, both are going to be very difficult to beat for the money.

Thanks everyone for the input! Looks like the meopta's are the best bang for the buck, I think that's going to be the direction i will go!

I got mine in yesterday, obviously haven’t spent alot of time behind them but my first impression is for the price they are excellent! As long as I never look threw a pair of SLC‘s I’ll never know any different lol

I'm looking at getting a new set of binos, their primary use will be spotting at the range and at prs matches.
General use will be 400- 1200+ yards the two binoculars I have been looking at in particular have been the maven b.5 15x and the meopta 15x
Pros and cons of both manufacturers is appreciated.
Also my budget is around the $1500 range.
Thanks for any input!

You should consider the Zeiss Conquest HD 15x56.

EJ

I got the Cabelas/Meoptas. But only because Doug wouldn't take my Cabelas Gift cards that my boss gave me as a bonus....

IMG_3383_zpsgzo5k3zi.jpg

Made a final decision, after using some maven b4 15x at a match today. I am definitely going to buy the b5's.
Top notch glass, very well built and look damn good.
Thanks everyone for the help and input!

Curious........Did you compare them to the MeoStars?
I did not, and I'm okay with that. I liked what I saw and maven is based a few hours away from me so I would like to support a local business while getting a killer product at the same time is a no brainer for me.

Reactions: WoodbneK
Made a final decision, after using some maven b4 15x at a match today. I am definitely going to buy the b5's.
Top notch glass, very well built and look damn good.
Thanks everyone for the help and input!

Solid choice. A buddy has a set of B5’s and I picked up a set of C.4’s. Very solid glass.

I went with Vortex 15 and 20's for spotters. Love them, they are GTG, glad yo like your decision. Binos are awesome for spotters, trace is amazing. Two eyes are better than one.

PB