• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing Looking fo a smith to thread barrel!!

keith jones

Minuteman
Sep 14, 2010
Bulls Gap,TN
I am looking for a smith to thread barrel and true my action up, and maybe put oversized knob on. Could you please direct me to a good smith.

Re: Looking fo a smith to thread barrel!!

Sure, look no further than this.

Chad Dixon
Owner, Gunmaker
LongRifles, Inc.
3570 Mayer Suite "B"
Sturgis, SD 57785
www.longriflesinc.com
[email protected]
605.720.1929 fax

Chad is doing awesome things for the folks of the Hide.

Also check out his June special on Bolt Knobs for Hide members.

William Roscoe at LA Precision, or Mark Gordon at Short Action Customs here on the Hide are two more that are great at what they do. If I didn't build my own, they would be my first choice. Good luck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: STR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">William Roscoe at LA Precision, or Mark Gordon at Short Action Customs here on the Hide are two more that are great at what they do. If I didn't build my own, they would be my first choice. Good luck. </div></div>

they'd both be really close to the top of my short list if i also didn't do my own work.

Send me an email and I will shoot you a price. I won't hold you hostage, I have a short turnaround time if you have all the pieces.

Jim

All good recomendations, but if it were me, I'd go with shoot4fun's advise.
Predator is only an hour from you by interstate.
You'd be able to avoid the cost and hassle of shipping and handling a firearm that way, which can sometimes evolve imto a traumatic experience.