• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

F T/R Competition Looking for 100 yards Reduced-Distance F-Class Targets

Kirkd

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 25, 2013
Greenwood, IN
Didn't know of such thing exist. I only have access 100 yards range. I only get to shoot in a military base for the 1000 yard f-class tournament. I'm wanting to practice on these targets. I know wind and drop will not play into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Vp H cmhb

You could always make your own by using a black marker draw 1/2" circle for x ring on paper and 1'' circle for 10 ring so on so forth. Then scan it and print as many as you like. I know there's probably a place that you could order reduced targets but I like making my own, it makes me more accurate.LOL

The problem with reduced distance targets at 100 yards for F Class practice is that most F class shooters can shoot 1 moa with little to no trouble. Its good for fundamentals practice, but most of your dropped points are going to be from wind calls. I prefer to shoot at 1/2 MOA targets at 200 yards with a 22. This gives you fundamentals practice along with practice at wind and environmental reading.

The problem with reduced distance targets at 100 yards for F Class practice is that most F class shooters can shoot 1 moa with little to no trouble. Its good for fundamentals practice, but most of your dropped points are going to be from wind calls. I prefer to shoot at 1/2 MOA targets at 200 yards with a 22. This gives you fundamentals practice along with practice at wind and environmental reading.

Yeah, I know. Was just looking for something to practice on at 100 yards that simulates a 1000 yards target, that's all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Vp H cmhb

I don't know of anywhere to get exactly what you are asking for, but you can try this: go to Ray-Vin.Com and go to the "tech pages" link on the left side. Click on "free targets" and look for the "MR-1 Reduced for 50 yards". This is a scaled down version of the 600 yard sling target for 50 yards. Using this at 100 yards would be very close to an f-class target in that the X-ring will be 1/2 MOA. The target will not look exactly the same as the 1k target you would shoot for F-class, but for scoring purposes, it should be the same. Hope this helps.

Good luck,
erik

Print this target full size on letter size paper. It's scaled for 100 yards (1/2 MOA X ring)

100-Yard-F-Class-Practice.jpg