• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Looking for 8-40 flathead torx screw

Cascade Precision

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 23, 2008
Klamath Falls, OR
Have a Scalar red dot mount for a Mossberg 500 shotgun. The screws they ship are short, maybe 3-4 threads of engagement. Hoping someone has a source for some slightly longer ones. This is a police training shotgun and as such gets, well, used. Hard. Last screw stripped out and having to completely redo the mounting holes.

Attachments

• IMG_20200730_181242.jpg
    IMG_20200730_181242.jpg
    379.6 KB · Views: 70
Mcmaster's has 8-40 screws but not flat head. MSC and grainge dont have 8-40.

Are you sure they aren't 8-32?

weaver style oval heads in 1/4 3/8 and1/2 “ lengths 8-40 thread. Brownells and midway and probably other stores have them as well. I got a couple of different kits of these a few years ago and they have more than paid for themselves.

Weaver style work? If so shoot me a pm with what length you need and will dig some up if I have. They are from the pachmayr kit linked above.

Last edited:
Necroing an old thread, but I have the exact same problem. I need some 8-40 screws with a flat head for mounting my scope base to my new 110 Ultralite. Any help would be much appreciated. Where did you find yours @Cascade Precision ? I was only able to find 8-40 screws with a Weaver head, but I really need a flat head