• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Looking for a 1 mile range within an 8hr drive from NW indiana

Casamike

Private
Minuteman
Jun 22, 2017
Indiana
For the last 10 months my best shooting buddy and I have been planning a trip to shoot out in Montana. We were supposed to be gone this weekend and next to stretch out to 2k yards or a bit more. Yesterday the town we were going to was evacuated due to severe flooding. My buddy is already out there with all our gear and supplies and I was planning to fly out this weekend and meet up with him.

It’s sounding the trip is a bust and he is considering coming back home (NW Indiana) and if possible we will take a 3-4 Day road trip to any range we can stretch out to and shoot.

Does anyone know or have access to a range of 1 mile or more that is within an 8 hour drive of NW Indiana? We will happily pay in cash, cases of beer, rimfire brass, lot lizards or whatever currency you prefer. We will absolutely leave the property nicer than we found it and can garuntee no damage will be done to the property in any way. We are both extremely safe and capable of safely shooting at these ranges.

It can be either an official gun club, corn field, private shooting range or ranchland, any place that we can legally shoot with a line of sight for a full 1760 yards or more.

Thanks anyone for any suggestions, I’m grasping at straws here trying to save this trip that we had planned for so long and now looks like it’s falling apart.

Rockcastle Shooting Center down by Bowling Green but you have to be a member. Membership is around $250.

You can buy Day passes (or so I’m told) and Rock Castle May be what we do. Was hoping there was an off the grid forum member with a 2k range in his backyard that was wanting to share with a new friend!!

It’s a little more than 8 hours I bet, but look into Spearpoint Ranch in Barnard KS. They do ELR matches out to 2400. They have a day rate to rent the range and lodging on site.

Reactions: Casamike
I'm getting a huge kick out of this...where I live a mile is nothing. I can shoot 5 miles and still be on safe land. Civilization sucks

Reactions: Pinmaster and BCX
Definitely jealous of that! Wow 1300!? Guess I wont be shooting there lol