• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

looking for a bad ass sling

ctso030

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2013
south texas
building my wife a custom rifle , should be about 15lbs,will be using flush caps , looking for a comfortable sling

I like the BlueForce Gear padded slings. Well made, comfortable, custom colors, and reasonable price.

Recently went through a lot of slings looking for the perfect one. The SAP sling was the winner but for comfort carrying a heavy rifle for long periods and still very functional as a sling the Rifles Only bungee one is a close second. This is assuming you want to position shoot with a sling as an aid.

building my wife a custom rifle , should be about 15lbs,will be using flush caps , looking for a comfortable sling

What are you talking about as far as "comfortable"?

For shooting?

Or for carrying the rifle?

Cool. Well, in this case, I'd stay in the biathlon slings, and make sure my stock had flush cups on the left side of the rifle away from the bolt handle. If she's a lefty, then obviously the sling needs to go on the opposite side.

Carried muzzle down, more-or-less as you would a backpack, with the smooth and relatively wide stock (I'm assuming not a gnarly chassis) in between her shoulder blades, it's going to be as supported and comfortable as possible.

What the rifle is NOT, in this instance, is fast. Getting OUT of the sling and making the rifle shootable is slow as shit, so if you have any intent for dangerous game, or it has intent for you, then a biathlon sling is probably not an option. Basically, if you need to be able to take a shot within 2 or 3 seconds for any reason, it's not likely gonna happen without some Matrix kinda shit.

It is for that reason exactly---and a couple others---that many sniper team deployments involve carrying an M4, in addition to the sniper's primary (bolt)rifle.

Thoughts on that?

-Nate

I like the Armageddon best for regular 2 pt, but I have a padded Viking Tactics , biathlon sling that allows me to carry a heavy rifle like a backpack, and it’s by far the most comfortable to just carry a rifle over distance.