• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report looking for a ballistic app for the IPOD Touch

shotwell

Private
Minuteman
Jan 15, 2006
Iowa
I'm looking for a ballistic app for the IPOD Touch. I didn't have very good luck with a search function.
Thanks for the help

Re: looking for a ballistic app for the IPOD Touch

ballistic fte is decent

Just search 'ballistic' and it will show up. The FTE version gives you a HUD that allows you to input wind conditions and distances on the fly to calculate dope for additional $ over the basic version.

iSnipe works fairly well. Might try Bullet Flight by Knight's Armament

I had the Ballistic FTE and ended up getting Bullet Flight. I like Bullet Flight better.

I have ballistic fte and isnipe right now. I like them both, but I'll likely try some of the others. They're cheap entertainment.

Has anyone compared BulletFlt L2 against BulletFlight Level-M (Military)?

I am reloading .308win with 175gr sierra match king bullets. The BC for sierra match king bullets is good, approx. 0.505 @ 2800fps and above and 0.486 for 1800fps - 2800fps.

For $20 more you are able to calculate an actual BC based on bullet drop, two velocities, or flight time. The ability to calculate bullet stability. Bullet spin drift is added to the computation, and the Coriolis effect (Earth’s rotation).

With this high of a BC I don't see it beneficial to pay $20 more.

What does everyone think?

I have bullet flight M (military) and it has everything you can imagine. I never sampled the other two KAC programs.

I purchased the Military version of bullet flight.

Great little app, deffinately is a worthwhile addition both at the range and in the field.

For new shooters, its also a great way to learn about ballistics without having to learn the hard way ie. spending money on lots of ammo to get a feel for drop and making up charts.

Even better is if you own a chrony... you can put yourself right on target at any feasable distance provided the inputs and shooter are spot on.

These apps are deffinately worth the price of a box of 20 rounds.

Thanks eriktaylor, I purchased the second version at 11 dollars and am quite pleased. Used it at a competition and found i was able to hit steel at 550yds. Hoping to increase that to 800 or 1000.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ddg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks eriktaylor, I purchased the second version at 11 dollars and am quite pleased. Used it at a competition and found i was able to hit steel at 550yds. Hoping to increase that to 800 or 1000. </div></div>

No problem. Every time I'm on target with this program. Can't be happier!