• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Looking for a budget scope

Its only light

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 19, 2012
Hey guys looking for a loaner scope to get me by a few months. Want something in the 12x and up range. Any suggestions out there?

Wondering about:

Leatherwood
Weaver kaspa
SS fixed power
Nikon prostaff
Mueller
Vortex diamondback or crossfire
Bushnell 10x with .1 mil turrets
Lots of others

HELP ME PICK A GOOD ONE!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I love the SS fixed powers. I Have never had any problems with either of mine and ones on a .50. Though I have never used the vortex diamondback I would venture to say its a decent optic also. Every Vortex optic I own also functions well and seem to be very well built. But I would still lean towards the SS.

Nikon prostaff: "B" got some, great standard range scope, light weight (great for the money) but probably low on the resale side.
bushnell 10x:"A" best.....only $200 turret scope, got some and they really are a compact bargain, lots of adjustment for a 1" tube, lacking paralax adjustment but I never even noticed.
Swfa: "A+" got some, work great, tough little scopes, better reticle than the others mentioned, more adjustment, parallax, more magnification options, 30mm tube means you may be able to reuse rings later on, used SS can fetch $50 dollars shy of what you paid pretty easy. etc. etc.

Just an update. I send cash out monday for a 16x ss scope I found in the classifieds.

For what it's worth to others in the same boat, I'd highly recommend Primary Arms 4-14 FFP mil/mil 30mm. Good scope with solid reviews for the low price.

That was another I was looking at but forgot to list. Think im gonna look at their 1-6 for my ar. Ive heard so many good things about the ss scopes I wanted to try one.