• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Looking for a German Shorthaired Pointer

Joey Dean

Minuteman
Jul 8, 2010
Oklahoma City
My Shylo died of a stroke about two years back and I am to the point that I am ready to start looking for a new dog. Anyone have recomendatoins for good breeders with proven bloodlines?

Good tempermant is a must as my grand kids will be climbing on top of him or her. This dog will be with me about all the time as well and we will be hunting both feather and fur. Price I am willing to pay is $2500.00 or less and location is not an issue (lower 48 anyway) as it gives me and the wife an excuse to head out for a road trip.

GSP's only. Although I appreciate you have your favorite breed, the GSP is mine.

Chris Riddle of 6r upland kennels was great to deal with and had excellent bloodlines. He is located in Iowa and the male I bought from him was well under you budget with all papers. Mine was pointing birds in the back yard at a very young age before I even started to train him. I believe Chris has a program for his pups and owners that want to come back and train when dogs get a little age on them. You might look him up, pm me and I can get you his phone number otherwise he has a website. Good luck, gotta love the gsp

Last edited:
John Prince out of Pittsburgh KS is where I got mine.....Call him up and talk to him and tell him what you want, he will line you out on a great dog. 620-704-4276 is his number. He sells pups and finished dogs too.

One of the best dogs I ever owned came from Anderson's near Decatur, TX. If the puppy I have now turns out to be half the hunter she was, I will be pleased.

Anderson

There are some solid black pups (AKC) up here in N. Idaho for sale right now. I'll see if I can't get the number for you. He's local to me, though.

Good choice on the GSP. I have a girl that is just excellent from terrific bloodlines and I am glad I paid the extra for her. I am about a year away from breeding her and selling some pups, if your patient, you can have second pick of the little (first is mine again).