• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for a good 338 RUM load

benfrench

Private
Minuteman
Sep 29, 2011
Montana
I just built a .338 Remington ultra mag and I am trying to figure out a load for a 250 grain hpbt. Any seasoned 338 ultra mag shooters that have suggestions...throw me some loads that I can try.

Re: Looking for a good 338 RUM load

try 97 to 98 of H1000 or Retumbo. Might start a few grains lower and work up to it. Both Great powders.. H1000 will give same results with less pressure.

Might want to go on a spree and buy a Sierra manual. Barnes and Nosler are also very good, but Sierra accuracy loads are Very Dependable...

Sierra shows 96.4gr of Retumbo as their accuracy load for 250gr SMK and Gameking in the .338rum and that it results in 2950fps.

You can also call the bullet companies. Sierra will email you data. I cannot imagine spending a couple grand on a custom build and then scrounging load data. Buy a decent manual!

Decided to go with 94 grains of reloder 25. Thats putting me at 2920 fps pushing a 250 grain SGK.