• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for a good AR hog gun.

Noveske Afghan in 6.8 rocking 90gr XM68GD is a BEAST on piggies. I believe Federal Fusion 6.8 bonded is the replacement now...
My 6.8 loved the fusion rounds. Bang, flop every deer I shot with it. Now I hand load Barnes, because I live in a shit state.

Reactions: TacticalPlinker
I run a PWS MK111 mod 2 - 7.62x39 (suppressed). That's my go to hog gun and in general it's the rifle I grab to run to the ranch.
Ammo is cheap, gets it done (y)

I'm a 6.8 bigot and have killed truck loads of pigs with 12.5-18" barreled ARs in this chambering, but if I were to do it over again now, the 6 ARC would be my jam. It has nearly 3x the energy at 500 yards. It's probably mostly a wash inside of 200 yards though.

My ammo of choice is the XM68GD and Federal Fusion 90g (same GD bullet). Once I burn through the stacks of ammo, I'm going to reload with a stash of 95g TTSX. The Barnes TTSX line is a proven winner on game.

JMO, but if you can find a short (11-13") 6.5G barrel that likes the Federal 90gr TNT then you have the perfect hog gun. Terminal ballistics of that bullet have been shown to be outstanding on hogs. I run a 12.5" 6.5G but it likes 123gr Hornady SST and ELD-M much more than Federal.

But, at 50-100 yards (where most hogs are shot) it doesn't really matter. ;)

I also love shooting them with subsonic 300BLK (discreet ballistics makes the best) but hitting them on the run with subs is less than ideal.

F08AA68C-6CDA-4E35-B63E-04ABCE241C69.jpeg
C72ECEF5-8CE1-4B79-BDE2-6A619F71A1E7.jpeg

I just use my regular ass mk18 with 62grain fusions...it’s a hog...mass eradication is the goal...I usually kill hogs within 25 yards anyways.