• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing Looking for a good blue job

kjb2513

Private
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2011
so cal
restoring some older family guns, colt pistols, winchester bolt action and two L C Smiths. I live in comiefornia and cant get a good blu job here can anyone recomend a good bluer. thanks

Re: Looking for a good blue job

Colt does one helluva good job fixing up their old pistols and the bluing will be PERFECT. You may want to give them a shout.

wow this is not the discussion i expected.......ohhh wait it said blue job

I also live in So Cal. Im gettin ready to have my rifle blued too. Im taking mine To Jeff Tandy Gunsmithing in Hemet. I havnt used him before but I have seen some of his work and it looks absolutely perfect.

Ballistic, sounds promising. Ill pm youif yuhh dont mind.let me know yur results.

The Elsies will need a rust blue job. Hot salts bluing dissolves the solder between the barrels. Doug Turnbull can do this, and also restore the color case finish on the actions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rez187</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wow this is not the discussion i expected.......ohhh wait it said blue job </div></div>

Apparently I'm not the only f'd up one that mixed the letters B L U E into L U B E in their mind....sumfins definitely wrong with me. Must have been the job at the end that did it....wtf.

But to stay on topic; I re-blued my Model 788 .22-250 in the bathtub when I was a kid. Needless to say, my mom wasn't very happy. It didn't turn out too bad though
smile.gif