• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Looking for a good karambit

sentry1

Crayon Eater
Minuteman
Jul 7, 2012
Madison, Alabama
So I've been playing Splinter Cell lately, and I'm convinced the only reason I'm not a super duper secret agent is because I don't have a karambit. That's the only reason I'm not opening Amazon packages like an operator.

So, who makes a good quality karambit? Let's define good as 'better quality than Walmart cutlery' but not quite 'take out another student loan to pay for it'.

I carry an Emerson a few days a week. I paid about $230 for it, but it was an unopened 2004 model. Number 0239 for people who find that kind of thing interesting.

Another vote for Emerson, will definitely complete that operator look when used to open mail!

I have Emerson, Fox and Spyderco. I find myself carrying the Spyderco the most since it is the thinnest of the bunch, just wish the ring was black instead of silver. Definitely get the Emerson wave opening feature which is available on all three. Makes one handed opening lightning fast for OAF package opening.

I'd like to add that if you can fight with one, you'll be the scariest son of a bitch on the block. I've done a little bit of knife training with my Aikido instructors (one is 5th degree in Arnis, and the other is big into pressure points), and I find karambits to be by far the most intimidating, if not the easiest to learn.