• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Looking for a good place to get my rifle Cerakoted in Florida...

Oath Keeper

Private
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2014
Florida
Anyone have any suggestions for a place to get a rifle, stock, scope, scope rings, the whole package done in Kryptek pattern in Florida? I've been looking for a place to cerakote my whole rifle and I'm having issues finding one that does the Kryptek pattern and has a good reputation. I'm not asking for anyone to advertise for a shop, just need some recommendations, I'll do my research from there.

Why Florida and where in Fla are you?? If you are in north Fla why not include Ala, Ga and SC in you search? The entire country is only a brown box and a brown truck away if the applicator has an FFL.

Masters of Gun and Rod, Tallahassee FL, Mark Raines but Margret does most of the ceracoat work, I have been well pleased with 4 or 5 ceracoat jobs. Reasonable rates,does all my gunsmith work in timely manner even though they stay up to eyeballs in alligators . 850-574 3010 tell em' the wore out cowboy sent you. I am not up to date on the Kryptek pattern, all ceracoat work they have done for me has been a solid color so I may be off base? very best winpoor

Last edited:
You might run into complications getting Kyptek pattern in Cerakote due to the complecity of the pattern and the stencils that it would require. We do Cerakote finished on many of our rifles but when someone wants a specialty pattern we have it Hydro Dipped. Here is a recent hog head we had hydro dipped in Kryptek.
We're in SW FL near Fort Myers. Call anytime and I'll help if we can.
Vr

Buck

IMG_5032.jpg

Precision Tactical in Crestview, Florida (Northwest FL) does some outstanding cerakote work. Depending on where you're at you can give them a call and Ward will hook you up.

Why Florida and where in Fla are you?? If you are in north Fla why not include Ala, Ga and SC in you search? The entire country is only a brown box and a brown truck away if the applicator has an FFL.

I'd prefer not to ship my rifle, I will if I have to, but I prefer to deal with people face to face. Guess I'm a lil old school that way. If your gonna be touching something as personal as one of my rifles I want to meet you in person. Also, I'm south of Orlando, out of state is quite a drive.

What is the difference of hydro-dip versus cerakote? Cerakote offers more of a protective coating and lasts longer through wear and tear doesn't it? I heard mixed things about the hydro dip and so far I have decided on the cerakote. From the research I've done it just seems more durable and able to take a beating.
If you could share more knowledge about hydro dipping I'm always willing to learn something knew though. What is your opinion and preference.

I would stick with cerakote. Hydro dipping is cool because of the graphics but a good shop can do some sweet stuff with cerakote also. How long the hydro dip lasts or how easy it scratches depends on the clear coat used but I would definitely go with cerakote. It'll probably be more expensive but absolutely worth it in the long run IMO.