• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking For a Ladder Stand

RLinNH

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 23, 2019
I am in the market for a Ladder Stand for my property. I'd prefer a 2 person stand. Looking for some first hand accounts here. Build quality, is the seat comfortable, does the stand squeak, ease of installation, etc. I know that this question isn't long range shooting based, but I figured that some people here hunt. Sooooooo...

Like for a tree stand? Or stand alone?

For stand alone we always made our own out of hardie board walls as it doesn’t rot in a year or two like plywood does. Treated 2xs for studs and treated plywood for floor and roof, sheet metal topped roof, conduit base. All for less than a couple hundred bucks.
Usually we just make 4x4 but this 6x4 lets two sit with lots of space or three still relatively comfortably.
881DE02C-7254-4894-84D9-A25E0184299C.jpeg

I’m too good to sit in a tree stand exposed to the elements so can’t help there :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I dig that stand setup, but something like that won't work for me here in the thick NE Woods. I'm looking to purchase a 2 person ladder stand that, unfortunately, is exposed to the elements. Also, weight of the stand are not important as it's not going to be moved after initial setup. I have a few climbing stands if I see the need to try another location.

Reactions: spife7980
I have one of these: https://shop.biggametreestands.com/spector-xt/

It was kind of a bitch to get up, with 3 of us doing it. Now that I have a winch on my RZR, it wuld probably be a lot easier.

It's comfortable enough and quiet. 1 thing I didn't like was no shooting rail on the sides. I fixed that with some square aluminum tube and padding.

Hit up your local Walmart… clearance tree stands might still be in the aisles. A Muddy or RealTree 2 person stand can be had for <$100 easy.

They take a bit to assemble. But installation isn’t bad. I like to set and forget these, and just check straps every year. I find myself using a hang-on stand and climbing sticks or a tree saddle most of the time however just for maximum flexibility.

I’ve been eyeing a Hawk Sasquatch 2 man ladderstand for a few yrs. Big comfy seats, super heavy duty construction. Looks like it should last. Not inexpensive, but cheap stands aren’t comfy, the older I get!!

Reactions: RLinNH
I’ve been eyeing a Hawk Sasquatch 2 man ladderstand for a few yrs. Big comfy seats, super heavy duty construction. Looks like it should last. Not inexpensive, but cheap stands aren’t comfy, the older I get!!
That Sasquatch 2 just made the front of the list. It's going to be a few months as I just splurged on a handgun. Thank you for the recommendation!!! (y)

I’ve had a Viper Summit for over 10 years, works good for me

I dig that stand setup, but something like that won't work for me here in the thick NE Woods. I'm looking to purchase a 2 person ladder stand that, unfortunately, is exposed to the elements. Also, weight of the stand are not important as it's not going to be moved after initial setup. I have a few climbing stands if I see the need to try another location.
We have several very similar stands set up in the thick NE woods , I don't know why you think you can't.

That Sasquatch 2 just made the front of the list. It's going to be a few months as I just splurged on a handgun. Thank you for the recommendation!!! (y)
I got both the Sasquatch 2man, and the Sasquatch 1.5 man ladderstands from Hawk.
The kids and I got the 1.5 man put together last weekend, hoping to tackle the 2 man this weekend between turkey hunts.
Really solid, well built stands. Damned sure going to be more comfy!!!