• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

looking for a larger rotary tumbler

Re: looking for a larger rotary tumbler

Mason's cement mixer, not kidding, I have a budddy that uses one.

Man now that is a tumbler, what does he put in it 500 pounds of bullets to be coated or 10,000 brass ata time?
I may have a deal with Glowwrom here
Thanks for the leads

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bronco</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mason's cement mixer, not kidding, I have a budddy that uses one. </div></div>

Like Bronco said, I saw a concrete mixer being used once and it seemed to work very well and was cheap to by used.

50 lb. of media and brass to capacity.

Great Northern Tool $164.

Northern Industrial Mini Electric Cement Mixer – 1.77 Cubic Ft., Model# CM125

I know of several pro pistol shooters that use the cement mixer method because of the volume of brass that they have to reload.
What do you have against viberating machines?
larryj

I bought cement mixer used for $75. It is a small direct drive. It works well and is alot quieter than my vibrating cleaners. I use it for 50 cal brass.

I made mine using a 1/4 horse motor pillow block bearings and 3/4 inch shaft covered with 3/4" OD Tygon tubing for better traction between the barrels and shaft. I would post pics but I am away for work.

For barrels I scrounged some off of Craigslist and will probably pick up one of the larger lapidary drums off of ebay. I built it because I had most of the parts on hand and it was cheaper than buying a similar sized unit. I keep my loading equipment for a long time so I wanted to be able to repair the tumbler whenever it breaks, I assume the only things that will go are the motor and belt as the rest is overbuilt.

The tumbler works great and it is permanantly mounted under one of me loading benches, it is very quiet to operate.

Just my two cents,

wade