• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

looking for a little help

vincmm

Private
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2011
Illinois
My wife just signed family up at YMCA (kids swimming) anyway...

Looking to try and get myself into a little better shape and not sure what direction to take..

I work 12 hr schedule with rotating days off...oh na dnoghts so it 'ucks up my sleep schedule.

i'm 5'6 'bout 145...not really fat but would like to tone up...and well I know once i get motivated to go and do it..i'll feel better all the way around...

wondering what or where I should start to get me on the right track...

Re: looking for a little help

You really can't go wrong with the basics. pushups, pullups, lunges, bridges, and whatever your favorite cardio is (maybe swimming to spend time with the kids).

I would make sure that you make a strong base first. That involves doing circuit training with weights and cardio. Good places to go for information are crossfit.com & militaryfitness if you are looking for practical fitness.

TNATION is arguably the best bodybuilding oriented site on the net, but also contains very good information on the whole site. It would take days to go through all the information they have posted.

Starting with something like crossfit would be difficult if you do not know the movements, but has the advantage for a beginner in that they do all the programming for you. You simply do what is posted on the main site.

thanks....kind of what I have been thinking about as far as getting started some good cardio then into the weights.
10 years ago i worked out 3 times a week for probably 3 yrs...
not sure what happened buy i fell off the program...probably becasue i'd rathered go out booz'n and didn't care 'bout me..

will put a plan together and see if i can stay on track....

going to be hard to get back into.

check this out, http://www.crossfitendurance.com/
Doing more high intensity type cardio workouts will help also. You don't have to work out as long and its easier to stay motivated due to the varying levels of intensity. It's more focused on cardio shape. Should get you a good base to start with.