• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for a long range scope for my 6.5 creedmore.

-Sorry never actually joined a forum before. I was referred to this one and I havent figure the website out yet. Snarky remarks like that dont help and honestly it makes me not even want to reach out. So thanks for the useful info šŸ‘

Come on now, do you expect us to believe that you're not smart enough to notice
A) that a forum has a bunch of subforums, most of them with VERY descriptive titles
and
B) that a subforum called "The Bear Pit" probably has a whole lot less to do with optics than the one called "Sniper's Hide Rifle Scopes"

• Haha
Reactions: Doc68 and plong
I prefer moa over mrad just because I'm used to moa and usually mrad scope are extremely expensive. I like first focal plan magnification but second is always better for multiple targets and faster adjustments.

I'm going to say this in the nicest way possible. Everything you've said in that post is not only wrong, but fundamentally wrong.

Come on now, do you expect us to believe that you're not smart enough to notice
A) that a forum has a bunch of subforums, most of them with VERY descriptive titles
and
B) that a subforum called "The Bear Pit" probably has a whole lot less to do with optics than the one called "Sniper's Hide Rifle Scopes"
Yea I've found the rifle scope section and no I dont know how forums work but I'm starting to see theres some people pretty full of themselves up here. I'm just grateful for the people up here that actually help and not try and make there dick feel bigger by knowing how to maneuver through a fucking forum. When someone seems like they're confused the correct thing to do is help them not belittle them to get a laugh what the fuck does that help šŸ™ƒšŸ¤™

Yea I've found the rifle scope section and no I dont know how forums work but I'm starting to see theres some people pretty full of themselves up here. I'm just grateful for the people up here that actually help and not try and make there dick feel bigger by knowing how to maneuver through a fucking forum. When someone seems like they're confused the correct thing to do is help them not belittle them to get a laugh what the fuck does that help šŸ™ƒšŸ¤™

Well, itā€™s the pit, sooooooo might want to big brain that some more.

So you mess up, we have fun, and now you wanna chide us?

hahahaaa.

Go read the scope sub forum for a bit.
useful bits
read opticthoughts by Ilya Koshkin.
Look for scope reviews and discussions by member WJM308.

the Pit is our playground.
its a constant pooh flinging show.
dont cry cause you walked into the gay bar and got hit on.

hahahaaa.

useful bits

Thanks for the help

Check out this guy's YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8LveRHZgnq469aWVQVhM2w
Budget about 10 to 20 hours to watch a bunch of his stuff and you'll probably come away with a pretty good idea of which scopes you favour in your budget.

He has some nice reviews based on budget range, such as High end, Mid range and low end.

If you want a quick suggestion, I'd suggest a used Schmidt and Bender 5-25x56 scope, which you should be able to get in around the $2500 ish range and gives you great value for the money.

If you have $3k to $5k to spend, it's hard to go wrong with a Zero Compromise Optics or Tangent Theta scope in something with a 25x top end magnification.

Reactions: Snipe260
Sure thing.

read there. Also, go to the main page read stuff by bigjimfish. Jim Fisher is his name I think.
He does some nice informational rewriting on scopes.

come to the Pit for laughs and conspiracy theories (that are often the truth).
we also hate on a lot of people here too.

Pedos and commies mostly.

and we do bust a lot of balls.
and arent always gentle if someone speaks a falsehood.
At least we are honest!!!

Reactions: Moon757
I prefer moa over mrad just because I'm used to moa and usually mrad scope are extremely expensive. I like first focal plan magnification but second is always better for multiple targets and faster adjustments. I'm liking the vortex razor gen 2 but I'm always open to learn more and see better options

Aaaaaannnnnmd we are off folks we got a runner!

I'm going to say this in the nicest way possible. Everything you've said in that post is not only wrong, but fundamentally wrong.
Moa is a measurement that is commonly used on typical rifles. Mrad is fine measurements. I'm used to adjusting moa. I click is an 1" at 100yards. First focal plan scopes means the object you're looking at gets larger when you magnify. Second focal plan means the object stays relatively the same size just the focus changes. So please tell me how fundamentally wrong I am so I can understand it better. Rather than just saying I'm wrong šŸ˜‚

Sure thing.

read there. Also, go to the main page read stuff by bigjimfish. Jim Fisher is his name I think.
He does some nice informational rewriting on scopes.

come to the Pit for laughs and conspiracy theories (that are often the truth).
we also hate on a lot of people here too.

Pedos and commies mostly.

and we do bust a lot of balls.
and arent always gentle if someone speaks a falsehood.
At least we are honest!!!
I appreciate the honesty I'll leave yall to have fun with my retardation šŸ˜‚

O
Moa is a measurement that is commonly used on typical rifles. Mrad is fine measurements. I'm used to adjusting moa. I click is an 1" at 100yards. First focal plan scopes means the object you're looking at gets larger when you magnify. Second focal plan means the object stays relatively the same size just the focus changes. So please tell me how fundamentally wrong I am so I can understand it better. Rather than just saying I'm wrong šŸ˜‚
Oh my.... šŸ˜³...

stop posting. Go read.
You are mistaken.

there are things to learn.
Also, look at the podcasts. Frank can be, say abrupt, but knows a good bit and you will learn.
Skip assholes who only support one brand. They are FOS and just pushing a product.

Dude, stop digging yourself deeper and deeper into the ground...

Are you with the Antifa?

You probably picked the toughest forum to post your question. Keep searching around the site to learn and explore. You will get the hang of things. By the way, I have a Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 on my Bergara.

The above post makes me very near certain you are a troll that deserves to be thrown into your own raging dumpster fire, but on the off chance you are actually that completely ignorant about scopes. For your own sake, stop posting until you spend a couple days reading the scopes sub forum and doing some basic research.

If you continue posting stupid things right away.... well you deserve the "group therapy" you are about to receive....

OP, you received solid advice from people telling you to go read throughout the rest of the site as well as other helpful resources. I advise you say thanks for the help and move on, otherwise if you continue to put your foot in your mouth, you will find out how much fun the pit really is.

Is... This... Still... Available...? ( page 2, ya know... šŸ˜‰ )

Reactions: Bender
This is a video of the bear pit. Pro tip: read a lot of posts and get educated here, learning from the mistakes of others, for the love of Christ I implore you. Otherwise, you end up like "granny" in the video. You're welcome.

• Haha
Reactions: Moon757
OP, take time to explore the forums and use your Google fu skills to get the information you seek. Open ended questions from those without credentials tend to receive the treatment you are experiencing. And in the end, we're a bunch of bored jackasses looking to have fun somehow.....

Start by reading this article from Frank, it is very enlightening. I was once a MOA 2nd focal loving shooter until I was educated...

OP: Before we can effectively answer your question weā€™re going to need a little more information:

1) Do you bow hunt? How many kills?
2) How much do you bench?
3) How many years ā€œin concreteā€...?

You probably picked the toughest forum to post your question. Keep searching around the site to learn and explore. You will get the hang of things. By the way, I have a Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 on my Bergara.
Cool I thought I was gonna have to turn in my man card for mounting one of these on my rifle.

OP: Before we can effectively answer your question weā€™re going to need a little more information:

1) Do you bow hunt? How many kills?
2) How much do you bench?
3) How many years ā€œin concreteā€...?

Call me crazy, but I think this guy is a fucking Seal!

hahahaaa.

useful bits

I knew you were gay. Always referencing gay stuff....plus you're a male nurse.....šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: powdahound76

You're (correct spelling) a fucking idiot....šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

eb9.jpg
D2797C50-B01C-4F7A-9DED-D00D24ACF7E9.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Moon757 and 1J04
Good to know I'll probably save up for a more expensive one then. 3-4k is tops for me though. I like to use my guns and if I scratch a 7k scope I may cry
Why buy new and pay full retail if you are just getting started. You can check the classified adds here or online auctions like Gun Broker or fleabay for a nice used scope.

I just knew it..............

• Haha
Reactions: Bender and 1J04