• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Looking for a M14 or M1A1

T-Snipe

Private
Minuteman
May 19, 2010
Central Cal foothills.
I'm looking for a M14 or M1A1 in 7.62x51 [.308] for a Special Forces Army Reserve Dr. Friend who is unfortunately laid up due to a injury received while exercising.

If any of you know of the whereabouts of one in very good condition he'd be most appreciative!
He's been to the Middle East and involved in both Desert Storm and the Invasion of Kuwait.
Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
Brother, to find a rifle like that in the current B.S..... you're gonna have to search every gun store you can find. check pawn shops too.

I got mine for 1400 in May of 2011. Three months ago I saw the exact same rifle selling for 3500.

I'd say wait a few more months and the prices will level off, but if this is time-sensitive, then you're looking at spending quite a bit more than the rifle is worth(see above).

I dunno if you guys have your own version of Alaska's list where you're at, but those postings could be something to check out. I've gotten some badass rifles for great prices using such services. Check The CMP forum too, those guys may be able to help you/have one for sale.

My Dad just bought a standard M1A with the polymer stock for $1700 and I found an old GI M14 stock at a gun show for $40. I think there are a couple for sale in the For Sale thread...

I have an m1a1, bought it off CMP auction couple years ago, but it taint fer sale. M14 or a m1a1 paratrooper carbine, similar yet so very different, your friend has good taste

honestly my post had a bit of secretive sarcasm sprinkled in there, meaning i was joking cause the M1A1 is a totally different rifle than what I assume you meant as an M1A

Special forces army reserve? Run away.

And just why is that? There are SF reserve units, there are NG SF units. They receive the same training as the RA, most members are prior RA.

Don't sell them short.

And just why is that? There are SF reserve units, there are NG SF units. They receive the same training as the RA, most members are prior RA.

Don't sell them short.
Ive worked with 19th and they are gtg, they are also nat. Guard. I have never heard of reserve sf though, and I'm burnt on my generation of vets that have done nothing claiming to be high speed when all they did was sit on a FOB and play video games. However, if there is such a thing, I am a dummy for speaking of what I do not know and will tactically remove my foot from my mouth.

The 12th SF Grp (reserve) use to have a unit in Portland. My brother was a member back in '67. I was on leave in route to Vietnam and he got me on a jump with them. Said I had to jump with a rifle so they gave me a M1. First time I had a M1 in my hands. No biggy, it's not a whole lot different then the M14's we had in 82nd which I had just left.

Anyway a good bunch of guys. When I first joined the Alaska National guard ('72 or 73) I was a member of the 38th SF Company. I never made it to the "Q" course. I was suppose to go about the same time I joined the Anchorage Police Dept. I wanted to get my probation over with APD before I took off on extended active duty. The 38th was de-activated in '76.

My commander at the time came from a Reserve SF Unit in RI, I don't know the unit. He was SF in Vietnam, 1st tour as enlisted, 2nd as an officer.

Are there any currently, I know some from the past had some outstanding track recorDs, but was under the impression they were all deactivated. So you were in the eighty deuce too eh? 1/504 red devil here.

It's been a long time since I was in the 82nd. Went there between jump school and my senior trip to SE Asia.

Last edited:
If you look in shotgun news there is a pawnshop that gets them from time to time. He also has the police Rem 700,s in 300 mag and 300 rum

All reserve SF units were deactivated in the 80's and most of the guys went to Guard units when National Guard and THe Army made a deal that all combat units would be guard and all support units would be Army Reserve. I was in 2 Bn19th SF when it happened.
Did the DOC find a rifle or are you still looking?