• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses Looking for a Manhattan-based trainer for a hand gun course

yakabebe

Private
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2014
Hi

From overseas and want to get some tuition in hand gun handling and shooting

Will be in NYC 10-21 Nov

Anyone can steer me at a reputable and proficient firm?

Aint gonna happen. It is my understanding that in order to shoot, use, rent anything other than a 22 rifle requires a license from the city. No idea how long it would take to get said license, but i doubt it is quick. You will have to leave the five boroughs of nyc to find what you want.

Thanx...is that ALL of NY state...any ideas about Jersey or Conn? Even Penn?

Would the same apply in Cal as Im going to be there 29 Oct -10 Nov?

TIA

I believe the rest of NY State as well as NJ and Conn could provide options. Definitely PA.

West side Pistol Range. 212 929 7287 Ask for Bian Johnson. Now in NYC you need to have a pistol permit in order to pull the trigger. They can however, give you some time on a .22 cal rifle without a permit.

If you are willing to drive 30 minutes into NJ you could go to Gun for Hire 1-888 919 0414. Ask for Anthony or Jimmy. They can rent you a pistol and train you etc in their range. All of the training Cadre are LE.