• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for a range bag

The Mall Ninja

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2008
North Pole, AK
Like the title says I'm in the market for a range bag. carrying the ol' pelican case to and from the gun range is getting a bit tedious. I would like something that I can fit my rifle (Noveske 14.5 with perma-flashider/ Magpul UBR) just a hair under 32" with stock collapsed. have manageable storage for at least (10) 30 round magazines, by manageable I mean not moving around and spilling out when I open the bag. I would also like it to be able to store (5) 10 round XD compact magazines. right now I'm currently using a maxpedition kodiak, and the novelty of the sling is wearing off, along with my shoulder... and i can't store the rifle in the bag, magazines make all sorts of racket, and tend to explode out of the bag when it is opened.

Edit.... discreet carry would be nice, but not a must, something like an eberlestock mini-me would be really nice too. preferably with dual shoulderstraps (the kodiak messed up my back due to the single starp carry)

Re: Looking for a range bag

I have used the gunslinger before with a bolt gun, it's a little too big for my rifle, the more room in the bag, the more likely i am to fill it with useless junk. the only things I'm looking at carying are the rifle, my suppressor (if my paperwork ever gets back), the magazines, the pistol magazines, and a small toolkit for minor repairs

I use a Voodoo Tactical double rifle case...
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...doo tactical double rifle case&sprefix=voodoo tactical double ,sporting,1050&rh=n:3375251%2Ck%3Avoodoo%20tactical%20double%20rifle%20case&ajr=2

Looks like the Drag one, maybe the same Chinese manufacturer
laugh.gif

Lee.

I'm going to try out the Noveske rifle bag, from what I could gather, it seems to be what i'm looking for: enough room for my rifle, discreet, ability to carry like a backpack, and should have enough room for magazines, suppressor, and toolkit. If it doesn't I'll send it back and try for one of the Eberlestock S25 cherrybombs

LaRue has excellent discreet cases.