• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for a short brake for my 700.

MrOneEyedBoh

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2011
Maryland, USA!
I bought this gun used and it has a YHM phantom QD supp. mount flash hider on there now. I dont like the way it looks, nor how long it is. I may get into the silencer game, but as of now no. So with that being said, Are there any brakes out there that I can replace this one with that is pretty short? the YHM is coming in at 3" long.

Thanks fellas.

P.s> Also, these can be installed at home right? Do they all have specific timing?

Re: Looking for a short brake for my 700.

I think the thunder beast brake/adapter is pretty short.

The center shot rifles muscle brake is shorter. And pretty effective too...

RWS makes custom brakes here, you can find his thread in the for sale section. he tapered it to my barrel diameter and took off the first 2 threads so it would fit flush with my barrel. makes my .308 feel like a .243.

oh and he only charges $45. i sent him a pm with my requirements, it was at my door 3 days later. i hadnt even gotten a check to him yet!