• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

looking for a small pen light

1shot2kill

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2008
north dakota
who makes a small light that can go in a shirt pocket or pants without breaking from normal everyday movement/activities
looking for maybe a single AAA battery light

Re: looking for a small pen light

i just looked at the fenix and the four sevens i think i am leaning towards a preon 2
do any hide sponsors carry them?

A +1 for the Fenix LD01. Really an awesome light. I bought two; ended up giving one away. Nothing wrong with the Preons, either, but I have no personal experience with them. Also look at the EagleTac D25A (Mini or Clicky). Not much bigger, but AA is a much better battery than AAA, in my opinion.

I am a heavy duty truck engine mechanic and use a flashlight the majority of the day. I have tried them all and this has replaced every light I own (I still have my surefire at home and in the car). I was using a rechargable 5 LED @ work but it was too big and bulky. Also I am very hard on my lights they are allways getting dropped, crushed by something, and generally abused but this light has heald up well. It is so bright I dont need anything else and it fits in my pocket. Its well worth a look, get this exact model (they have a few color options):

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?...amp;dir=catalog

+2 (if I can count correctly) for the Fenix LD01. It's a great little light; one of the most practical choices for EDC that I've ever handled.

The Fenix E01 is also extremely handy; 13 lumens is just enough light when fumbling for your keys in a dark parking lot.

A bundle containing both lights can be found on eBay for around $45, which is a hell of a value IMO.

I don't know about the lights the other guys are recommending...

my preference is the pelican 1920. Solid construction. Good metal clip, which can be easily replaced if you happen to bend it. 2 aaa batteries, led and good run time. meets the Ansi standards blah blah.... it's about the size of a pen.

1910 is fairly similar, but it take one aaa.

They also have some good size lights that are intrinsically safe if needed.

http://www.pelican.com/lights_detail.php?recordID=1920

I carry a Stream Light ProTac 2AA. They also have a 2AAA model that takes two AAA instead. Its slightly thinner but the lumnes isn't as high. Awesome light, I just use rechargeable energizer batteries. I think the highest output for mine on the high setting is 140 lumnes.

Stream light microstream 1AAA bat god for dash work and undercar inspections

I've got a Streamlight Stylus Pro from Dillon Precision. I've had it for 2 years on the same set of AAA batteries. LED 24 lumens, good pocket clip, & at $30 I wont get too overly cranky if I lose it, like I did my Surefire Centurion. Ouch!

I have had good luck with CountyComm.com offerings.

http://www.countycomm.com/aaalights.html

I have had mine go through the washer and dryer several times and all is good. $24.95

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8lppy3atvPg"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8lppy3atvPg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tmpohuski7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stream light microstream 1AAA bat god for dash work and undercar inspections </div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DarkGhost</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tmpohuski7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stream light microstream 1AAA bat god for dash work and undercar inspections </div></div>

+1</div></div>

+2. That's another good one I forgot. Got one of those for my dad, and my mom stole it. Cheaper than the LD01 and clicky tail cap.

Streamlight. Had mine for three years or so and have in a my pocket all time.

It was under 20 bucks.

Streamlights work excellently for me. I use one for inspections every two weeks and it has never failed me.

The Streamlight stylus is nice but if you want thats a lil tough its not quite a "pen" light but have a STRION i use almost daily. Works great and has had some rought treatment from time to time.

+4 for the Fenix LD01. I have been carrying one for 3-4 years now. It gets used daily. It has been dropped too many times to remember and has been through the washer once.

I have given a few as gifts also.

There are so many really good AAA and AA lights out there now that it will be a tough decision.

Good luck!

The Fenix E05 is a small single AAA light that puts out 27 lumens. What I like about it is that it weighs nothing and it has a flood lens, which is excellent for close up tasks. It has a simple twist on/twist off user interface.

Harbor Freight Multi LED. Runs on regular AAA batteries, metal body, rubber end cap switch, bright as heck. Best of all they are FREE with the coupon on the flyer that comes every week in junk mail or downloaded from their site. If they weren't free, they'd be $3 at HF. At that price, you can afford several, stash them here and there (range bag, go bag, glove box, nite stand etc).

Small, free, bright, tough. What's not to like about that.

Sgt Lumpy - n0eq