• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Looking for a source for Cordura nylon strips

TheGerman

Oberleutnant
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2010
    the Westside
    Inherited a TAG ruck from a friend that expertly (as in stupidly) cut some of the nylon straps a bit short since there seemed to be a million of them hanging off the bag and the 2 that he cut too short are actually still long enough, but only have 1-2 inches of extra material for adjustment at this point; if you load the ruck down I think you'll end up getting it off the floor.

I convinced him to give it to me as I am thinking I can find some cordura nylon (at least I think that's what this material is) and either sew it on myself using #69 thread or take it to a tailor; I just need the strips of material. Does anyone know who sells these? The width I need is roughly an inch (think that's standard) and the length can be whatever, I'll just cut it down.

I've uploaded a pic of the ruck; the straps needing 'fixed' are the shoulder strap adjustments that in the pic, the one on your left (when wearing the pack) is going down through the waist belt.

Attachments

• TAG.jpg
      TAG.jpg
      11.6 KB · Views: 23