• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for a wedding ring NEED HELP!!!

ace31

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 27, 2009
Va Beach, Va/Orange County, Ca
Hello gents, I am soon to get married and yet have not settled for a ring for myself. Its getting closer to the day and I still have not picked myself out a band. I am more in to the modern stuff. I kinda like the tungsten and titanium stuff but I am open to opinions PLEASE HELP!!! I would very much appreciate any pictures you gents post.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Re: Looking for a wedding ring NEED HELP!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am more in to the modern stuff </div></div>

Nipple rings?

The Jewelers Hide may be a good place to search
laugh.gif

Go cheap. Spend the money you would have spent on "nice" rings on a firearm. The sentimental value is all that really matters in a wedding ring.

I went with a titanium band. It only cost around $125 and it's been incredibly durable thus far. I'm not a luxurious guy when it comes to jewelry though. Wedding band and a Timex Ironman watch are about all I've got.

I'm kinda in the same boat as you because I just got engaged. I picked the smallest and cheapest ring I could find for myself because I don't like the idea of a big shiny target indicator on my finger. I just wish she had the same criteria when she picked what ring she wanted...

My wife owns a jewelry store. She bought<span style="text-decoration: underline"> me</span> a wedding ring. Platinum, yellow gold and diamonds. I'm pimped out!
cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am more in to the modern stuff </div></div>

Nipple rings?

The Jewelers Hide may be a good place to search
laugh.gif
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ace31</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lol ,thanks but NO thanks. Anyone out there want to give me USEFUL advice</div></div>

Around here, and <span style="font-weight: bold">FOR HERE</span>, that <span style="font-weight: bold">WAS</span> useful advice.

hit the jewelry district downtown.
go to a mall. kays / zales.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZLBubba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I went with a titanium band. It only cost around $125 and it's been incredibly durable thus far. I'm not a luxurious guy when it comes to jewelry though. Wedding band and a Timex Ironman watch are about all I've got.</div></div>

+100000000

I have an old white gold and gold band - LOL I don't need it anymore, sell it to ya for $50 - that's cheap - then go buy some ammo.

Size is 10.5 - if interested PM
smile.gif

It's not modern, it's from 1988, took it off in 1992
laugh.gif

i went with tungsten. it is nearly impossible to scratch. after 3 years its still nearly flawless. couple small scratches from a diamond knife sharpener. brick, carbon steel, concrete nothing left a mark.

I built my own in the lathe!!!! I used an old sprint car driveshaft that is solid Titanium. Can you tell I have spent way too many hours building racing engines??!!!! I do not wear jewelry, in fact I have not had my wedding band on since the wedding, that is why I chose to build my own. I can't see spending money on something that is just going to sit. And besides that I have more pride in something that I made, then something that I bought. YMMV

Try Philip Press Jewelers in Brentwood. They are on Sunset Blvd. He has a lot of stuff.

I got a simple white gold ring at Robins Brothers. I think it was $150.

I ruined a few good rings before I decided on titanium. If you know someone with a lathe, just do as I did: pick up a 1" x 1' bar of whatever grade titanium you need and make it. With the leftover stock, make a bunch for your friends to recoup your cost and make a little profit.

If you do a lot of work with your hands, you'll be glad you have something more resilient than gold/silver/platinum on your finger. Mine's even saved my finger a couple of times from wayward hammer blows, and if it gets dull, just hold it against a buffing wheel for a few seconds..lol.

-WRM

I had a "white gold" (rhodium ?) band for 25 years. Because of working with machines I almost never wore it on my finger. I wore it on a chain around my neck. After 25 years we did a "renewal" cerimony and I got a yellow gold ring and a yellow gold watch, (Seiko flight computer). Since I had an office job at the time, I have worn the ring almost every day since.

As a sidebar. I bought her a 2 1/2 carat diamond ring and also a yellow gold Seiko ladies watch.

Yellow gold will hold a lot of value.

This is one place you definitely get what you pay for.

If you work w/ your hands and are not behind a desk, get something that is durable. I have a desk job and wear mine to work, but if I'm working on the cars, tractors or in the yard I leave it in the house. Mine is solid gold and while I like how it looks, I wish I had opted for something a little more scratch resistent.

make sure and get a comfort fit. I have tried to wear ones without it and end up taking them off and leaving them at home. My wife finally got upset about me not wearing mine, so I got a white gold (to match her rings) comfort fit 5mm. I almost forget I have it on now that I am used to it.

Thanks for the great advice, keep it comming!

oh and BugSniper, I'll be sure to keep one of those close by, just in case. lol

Mine is a tone ring. The center part is silver and it looks like it has been hammer forged, then it has a gold band around the top and bottom. I like it as it doesn't show any scratches.

my suggestion is if you do gold, go 10k and not 14k. 14k is too soft and will show scratches too easily.

Why waste money on rings. Don't spend all you rloot on a fat diamond because it's not worth it. Max $500 for the rock, and maybe $70 each for teh bands. If she cries about that, send her packing because she will speend you into poverty right quick. If she smiles big and hugs you, you will find that over time you actually have money to spend, get basically whatever you want, and live pretty damn good.
Me, I spent $425 on a perfect 1/4ct rock and $70 for a pair of white gold bands. I'm livin pretty darn good.
My brother, well he spent about 3k on his first rock and she went the way of a friend's brother. He learned. Bought the next one a $400 rock and she now earns more than him and keeps him in high cotton.
There are some days I wished I made that 11k a month, but for what I do and where I am, I'm good...could use a little extra to keep the Harley in high zoot race parts, but if I wait a bit, they will come in time. BEsides, I eat good.
Get a cheap ass band and be done with it, you will be happier in the end. Or you can get all that expensive bling and it will start...

Bought the two wedding bands at Sears and had a coupon. The bands and the marriage are strong.

Me and Mrs. Q are at 27 years, not including the 2.5 we lived in sin! Handsome gold bands were exchanged, bought on layaway (remember layaway?)at the now defunct Service Merchandise, in 1982.

With the exception of five years of construction management, the other 22 years have been spent working for a living
laugh.gif
. All the close calls where the ring hooked on something or got compressed by something else: I told her long ago, I'd sooner lose a finger than go without my ring.

Her friends and sisters think that is the epitome of commitment! I can practically do no wrong
wink.gif

Oh, that and I can't get it off without an enormous effort!

Mrs. GD picked out a platinum band for me. Went well with the Tag she got me our 1st Christmas. I'm not a bling guy, so the fact that everybody thinks that it's white gold is fine by me.

I grabbed tungsten/enamel inlay (thin black band in the center) for durability as mentioned above..it does NOT scratch. granted you cant resize

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why waste money on rings. Don't spend all you rloot on a fat diamond because it's not worth it. Max $500 for the rock, and maybe $70 each for teh bands. If she cries about that, send her packing because she will speend you into poverty right quick. If she smiles big and hugs you, you will find that over time you actually have money to spend, get basically whatever you want, and live pretty damn good.
Me, I spent $425 on a perfect 1/4ct rock and $70 for a pair of white gold bands. I'm livin pretty darn good.
My brother, well he spent about 3k on his first rock and she went the way of a friend's brother. He learned. Bought the next one a $400 rock and she now earns more than him and keeps him in high cotton.
There are some days I wished I made that 11k a month, but for what I do and where I am, I'm good...could use a little extra to keep the Harley in high zoot race parts, but if I wait a bit, they will come in time. BEsides, I eat good.
Get a cheap ass band and be done with it, you will be happier in the end. Or you can get all that expensive bling and it will start... </div></div>

Pawnshop= $20.00

I ended up with a cheaper version of something like this: http://www.titanium-jewelry.com/t8b13-mow.html

It's held up better than I thought it would, but it is getting scratched up from daily wear. I also clip it into the clip on my spyderco when I take all my crap off each day so it's got light scratches on the inside.

It's light and comfy though and isn't so funky it stands out in an office setting.

I didnt think this thread would get so man hits. To be honest, I got better advice from all of you who posted in the past couple of days than I have from the 6 months spent in jewelry shops.

Thanks again!

i went with a 10 millimeter 18k yellow gold comfort fit. it's comforting to know that if i'm stranded and in a bind, i can get all the cash i need to get home at the nearest pawnshop.

What about something like this:

ring1.jpg

That's the Titanium and Carbon Fiber version. They also make a Tungsten Carbide version that is heavier but won't scratch.

Plus, I know where you can get them stupid-cheap.

Isn't picking out your ring her job? Or are you marrying yourself?

I just got engaged, and bought her an 1,100 ring, and I am not even gonna get one, I have heard to many horror stories of people getting them hung up in or on something and losing a finger or gettin beatin to shit. ymmv

After being married for over 28 years my advice is to get a "SECRET DECODER RING", believe me.................your gonna need it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jr81452</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i went with a 10 millimeter 18k yellow gold comfort fit. it's comforting to know that if i'm stranded and in a bind, i can get all the cash i need to get home at the nearest pawnshop. </div></div>

If I had to guess, that's the smartest thing I'm going to hear all day long.

Brilliant justification for a band.

Never had one. What's the difference?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Donut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What about something like this:

ring1.jpg

That's the Titanium and Carbon Fiber version. They also make a Tungsten Carbide version that is heavier but won't scratch.

Plus, I know where you can get them stupid-cheap. </div></div>

Now that's cool. How cheap is stupid cheap?

The Piaget Possession wedding ring is a good choice.

LOL. If u r getting married, read my recent pot " Dont trust that bitch" Not hating on your decision and good for you. Just keep both eyes open and watch your six.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GcH</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Donut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What about something like this:

ring1.jpg

Plus, I know where you can get them stupid-cheap. </div></div>

Now that's cool. How cheap is stupid cheap? </div></div>

I bought one for $30, and another for $45.

Overstock.com has the domed (pictured) for $45, in limited sizes, and the square-edged one from the other place (I'll have to go find my invoice) was $30.

I have a $30 Tungsten ring and a $35 titanium ring that look just fine. After I lost my $400 gold ring in Vegas (long story) I vowed I wouldn't do it again. I'm not a jewelry guy so I just needed something on the finger to make the wife happy. Search on ebay and don't pay the extra $$$ for the same thing from a retail or internet store.