• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing looking for ak-47 & 74 builders out there

pale horse

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 15, 2006
alaska
I am going to sell my tubuk sniper clone kit and 1P29 scope very rare. I would like to hear about your builds and your collections too. I have a very good bayonet collection around 60 units so too would like to hear from any bayonet collectors.

Re: looking for ak-47 & 74 builders out there

Depending on what you are looking for there is Jim Fuller at Rifle Dynamics in Las Vegas http://www.rifledynamics.com/
and Will Hayden at Red Jacket http://www.redjacketfirearms.com/AKrifles/AKrifles.html.

I've have known Jim for years, had guns built by him and can vouch for his work.

Also, I could get you in touch with a couple guys in our class at Yavapai that are into the AK building thing.

building ak's are a lot of fun. a few specialty tool are needed, but easily make or borrowed from a fellow maker. i have made a hungarian amd-65, a polish underfolder, and 2 romanian regular wood stocked ak47's. alot of fun to build, and used to be real cheap.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oldolds442</div><div class="ubbcode-body">building ak's are a lot of fun. a few specialty tool are needed, but easily make or borrowed from a fellow maker. i have made a hungarian amd-65, a polish underfolder, and 2 romanian regular wood stocked ak47's. alot of fun to build, and used to be real cheap. </div></div>

Used to be cheap is an understatement. I buit about a dozen when you could get a kit for about $90. Wish I would have bought 20 or so extra kits back then.
Hindsight is 20/20.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GHOSTRECON</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What kits are the best to get to build one. Were do I get them </div></div>
I had mine built on Romanian (Romy 'G') kits. They were unfired kits with chrome lined chamber and bores, all matching SN's.

The stocks have a black band on them indicating they were non-firing training guns,
and the orange 'G' indicating that they were later returned to firing condition.
At least this is what Jim Fuller told me when he and I built them.

I don't know if these are still around or not. I still have 8 or so left.

I have gotten started in building AK's. I am working on a Bulgarian AK-74 and a Romie AK-47. I also have a Yugo kit minus the barrel (should have read the fine print).

It is a lot easier to do a good job on them with the proper tools, but for one or two guns it would be cheaper to buy a completed rifle.

The nice thing about building is that you can mix and match to a large extent. I am going for the non-traditional look. Kinda like what is happening today with the M14's.

Havent you been keeping up on your TV shows!? You have to call Red Jacket firearms in Baton Rouge LA! HAHAHAHAHAHA They will even make you one that pops popcorn and folds your skidmarked underwear too. Very innovative!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mmtuning</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Havent you been keeping up on your TV shows!? You have to call Red Jacket firearms in Baton Rouge LA! HAHAHAHAHAHA They will even make you one that pops popcorn and folds your skidmarked underwear too. Very innovative! </div></div>

If those Red Jacket retards get a season 2 I would be shocked.

They will get a second season because there are 300 million tards in america paying $90 a month to sit in front of the boob-tube and be brainwashed. "Give them Cake And Circuses"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Selph Arms LLC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mmtuning</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Havent you been keeping up on your TV shows!? You have to call Red Jacket firearms in Baton Rouge LA! HAHAHAHAHAHA They will even make you one that pops popcorn and folds your skidmarked underwear too. Very innovative! </div></div>

If those Red Jacket retards get a season 2 I would be shocked. </div></div>

+1 and the daughter on that show is so annoying she makes me wanna puke!

here is first one i built...it started all the fun...
amd1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mmtuning</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Havent you been keeping up on your TV shows!? You have to call Red Jacket firearms in Baton Rouge LA! HAHAHAHAHAHA They will even make you one that pops popcorn and folds your skidmarked underwear too. Very innovative!</div></div>

what he said, red jacket will even send you the skid marked underwear.

P.S. one of my best friends is from coshocton

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oldolds442</div><div class="ubbcode-body">here is first one i built...it started all the fun...
amd1.jpg
</div></div>
I see something peculiar about this photo, There are no trunnion rivets on the front or rear, I do not recall ever seeing one that did not have them ,did you weld it together and sand it down?

tig welded and sanded down. seems to be holding up after a a couple hundred rounds. didn't seem to be much stress for a weld. no signs of cracking or anything..after this one i learned how to rivet them. probably better for the long haul.

I can rivet a fixed stock AK together in 1 hour, folders take me 2 hours, you missed the boat, gone are the days of 80 dollar kits, if you want a AK go buy one ready to go.

Here are a couple of the 25 or so I built.
dsc010337qu.jpg

dsc009090rv.jpg

dsc010286km.jpg

I bet theres some hydro or oxy in the RJ shop,they just have that look about them lol