• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for an upper for my AR pistol

Re: Looking for an upper for my AR pistol

300blk with a can or 45acp integrally suppressed by Doug at SRT Arms.

Which is where I'm sending the 45acp upper that I just picked from a cat on here. I got a couple of the new oly mags and they run good.

Let us know how it turns out,
Breeze

three words, Lewis Machine & Tool. Get the 10.5 basic upper for starters. So nice and won't cost and arm and a leg. Im not a big pistol fan but if I was gonna do one that's what i would get. You can always SBR it in the future . Good luck

The blackout for a AR pistol is great. I have a blackout & a 5.56 for mine. I like the blackout so much i have a 16" for rifle to. 8" for pistol.

Whole uppers are pretty expensive. Way more than the sum of their parts. If I was you, I'd just buy the barrel and build the upper using a quality BCG, upper receiver and forend.

Do you already have an upper for the pistol?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Salmonaxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you already have an upper for the pistol? </div></div>

no

+1 for the 300 blackout, I love mine. Just waiting on my SBR stamp.

SAM_0035.jpg

CMMG makes 8" .300 BLK barrels fairly inexpensively. The also are pretty decent quality. Much cheaper to build then to buy one. .300 blk is about the best performance you can get out of an AR pistol. Also, I am sure you have a bunch of 5.56 mags, and the are interchangeable.

It would be way easier to buy the barrel at the proper length. Especially if it's a 300 blackout. For 300 BLK the gas port diameter is pretty essential.

If it was me, I'd get a Noveske barrel. They're high quality, and come with a gasblock and tube. If you're not wanting to do super sonic loads, then the 8.2" would be better since it will make for a shorter overall package. On the other hand if you ever think about using this on a rifle, then 10.5" would be better since you could have the local company DBMG install one of their sleeves that make the bbl a full 16" and run a suppressor inside the sleeve.

Personally I own a 300/221 fireball bbl from Noveske. (Works with blackout ammo.) It's 16" barrel. For me I load all my own ammo and it's more of a fun gun. But still, since the ammo is so expensive (Purely in bullet cost and in reloading time). I tend to shoot it less and pretty much always prone out with it. For that, the whole AR pistol thing would kinda suck.

I also built a pistol upper that has a super short 5.56 barrel. I can't remember the exact length but I think it's close to 7.5". It's fun and cheap-ish to shoot. I think something along these lines would be a better alternative.

Now if it comes to wanting to do supersonic loads, the blackout is pretty much on par with 7.62x39. 7.62x39 ammo is dirt cheap and an AK pistol can be had for not much. I have a draco-c that actually shoots surprisingly well. I just couldn't see shooting expensive supersonic 300 blackout ammo in a package that doesn't have a stock when a much cheaper alternative exists.

If SBR's were allowed in our state, I'd probably sing a different tune. As they are, AR pistols (and AK pistols) are just fun toys and not much more.