• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for barrel with specific specs...

SOF_Arms

Private
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2019
I am looking for a barrel with ALL of the following specs:
  • 5.56 NATO or .223 Wylde
  • 10.3" or 10.5" CHF
  • 4150 steel or Mil-Spec (Mil-B-11595E)
  • 1:7 twist rate
  • Treated for corrosion resistance (i.e. Ferritic Nitrocarburizing (aka Tennifer, Melonite, or Nitride))
  • NOT chrome lined
  • MP Inspected
  • HP Tested
  • M4 feed ramps
  • Medium (government/M4) or Heavy (bull) barrel or similar hybrid.
I have already looked at Noveske, FN, BCM, LMT, PSA, Bear Creek, Ballistic Advantage, Daniel Defense, WMD, Seekins, Spikes Tactical, Faxon, and Krieger—no luck!

I know many will question why the need for some of these specs (i.e. bull barrel in 10.3"), but I have my reasons :censored:

Any help is greatly appreciated!

You might be better off finding a rifle length 18" that meets all other specs, and have gun Smith cut back and drill new gas port where you need it.

After cutting/drilling, hand lap it and then send it off for QPQ Nitriding.

And please post back on your "reasons" when you can.

I don't think your barrel exists.
You missed Criterion, but they don't have what you want either. Twist (1:8), and lining is wrong (chrome).
Nothing on MP and HP testing. They are probably as close as you are going to get I think.

CHF is a disadvantage, not an advantage. How marketing people managed to spin that around still amazes me. There are tons of great 10.5in options, if you are looking for pure durability I'd get a Triarc Track 2.0. If you want a bit more accurate too, I'd agree with strike33, have Craddock spin you up a Criterion and then have him nitride it for you (which they do).

Reactions: Subwrx300
There is a reason CHF barrels are mainly found on high volume mfg builds. The cost of machinery is one reason but I've had VERY hit or miss success with CHF barrels. Seems only a few can actually produce decent consistentcy without having the inside of the barrel look like a washboard.

Reactions: Potss
take a look at BSF barrel web site maybe they have something that might interest you