• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors Looking for fixed blade Tactical knife.

Re: Looking for fixed blade Tactical knife.

I'm a big fan of the SOG Seal pup variants. Very handy, razor sharp and a manageable size. However the sheath sucks...especially with the "line cutting" feature where part of the blade is exposed.

The standard (medium sized) Seal knife is a little big and bulky for utility applications as is the KABAR in my opinion. Both good knives, but more than what is required by most

I'm a big fan of the Gerber MKII. A little long, but a very thin profile. I was never able to put the same edge on that one as I had on my SOG knives. Although that is to be expected due to the shape/style of the knives.

Look into Fehrman as well.

Bark River, Busse, RAT, Tops?, Swamp Rat as posted earlier seems interesting.....

Crusader Forge is an option too.

pick the right metal for your usage/goal and then pick your company. that tends to work.

Depending on how much you are willing to spend I would look into a custom.
I have a knife made by Master Smith Jason Knight. He is regarded as the best if not the up and comming best. To get one of his knives all you really have to do is just call him, he is very easy to work with and extremely nice he is however and he will tell you this himself not the most computer loving person so contact with him is best by phone! I took this knife to Iraq with me and my team NCOIC was given one. We abused them with my NCOIC while cutting a piece of rope and not realizing that the knife would cut through it so easy he ran the blade clear through the rope and into a cinder block wall with no chipping or damage to the blade. He and I both were very happy with the performance of the knives. I have used my knife to pry open claymores among other stuff, cut all sorts of things. Jason made it as a user to take abuse and give it. The pictures don't really do this knife justice,
3769332535_4ff6dfe360_b.jpg

I can take some pictures of it if you are interested,

Steve Woods Hide Fighter. I have two and love them. They come with the Spec-Ops brand sheath, but I had Raven Concealment make a new kydex sheath for one of mine too.

KaBars are made in Olean N.Y. at least the D2 is made there.

Battle%20Knife_.jpg

I just picked up a Scrapyard Regulator and it is solid...the blade is made from SR77 steel which is a modified S7 tool steel used in jackhammer bits...LOL. It's tough.

When I hold this knife you can't help but think of stuff this blade will go through...car doors, cinder blocks, and rope to hold ships at the pier come to mind. Yet the blade came sharp enough to shave hair off.

I'm not sure if the sale is going on for the Regulator. It was posted here in this forum a while ago. For just over $100 with a sheath it's hard to beat.

I grew up on K-Bars and carried one for a along time. This Scrapyard knife would break that K-Bar like a cracker. I wasn't sure I would like the handle material but it is actually really good. Scrapyard has a bunch of models available on their site that are priced really well.

Scrap Yard Knife Company

--Respectfully,

--KJ

Check out Grayman Knives... youll find some great blades.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SANDRAT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is a fun one.

2010_0522Sal0026.jpg

2010_0522Sal0029.jpg

</div></div>

I want one of those sooooo bad!! You gotta love what that knife can do to a watermellon!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KJDrake</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just picked up a Scrapyard Regulator and it is solid...the blade is made from SR77 steel which is a modified S7 tool steel used in jackhammer bits...LOL. It's tough.

When I hold this knife you can't help but think of stuff this blade will go through...car doors, cinder blocks, and rope to hold ships at the pier come to mind. Yet the blade came sharp enough to shave hair off.

I'm not sure if the sale is going on for the Regulator. It was posted here in this forum a while ago. For just over $100 with a sheath it's hard to beat.

I grew up on K-Bars and carried one for a along time. This Scrapyard knife would break that K-Bar like a cracker. I wasn't sure I would like the handle material but it is actually really good. Scrapyard has a bunch of models available on their site that are priced really well.

Scrap Yard Knife Company

--Respectfully,

--KJ </div></div>

Looks like some nice stuff and the prices are very reasonable.
May have to pick up one of those SOD's.