• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Looking for help deciding on a new suppressor

Kisssofdeath

House of Yates
Minuteman
  • May 9, 2018
    Virginia
    I'm in the market for one more suppressor "have 3" and this next one I want to be able to shoot anything from my little 22 LR up to a 300 WSM. Doesn't matter how long or heavy it is, that's not a concern I have. Doesn't really have to be full auto rated. For it to work with my 22 LR guns it must be serviceable, preferably toolless. I want to use it as a direct thread by changing adapters within the suppressor. It essentially needs to be just like my AAC Ti-RANT 45M but expanded to shoot anything up to and including the 300 WSM, Win Mag or whatever. I don't think I will ever own a 338 LM or larger. If I do, I will deal with that later.

If anyone reads this and you know of a suppressor like I am looking for please share.

Why do you want to cover that range? What are you planning on using it on? There aren't many that are tool less because they can be hard to take apart. You want the mechanical advantage.

Dedicated suppressors work better.
    Precision suppressors will work better for precision guns.
    Brake mounts like thunderbeast are just as accurate as direct thread.

Why do you want to cover that range? What are you planning on using it on?

Well, because it would do everything I need it to. Money spent wisely. Well right now I use my Ti-RANT for six of my 22 LR's, two 9mm, two 45 ACP and two 300 blackout suppressed. I have pistons for all those and the Ti-RANT is serviceable. I bought my Sparrow first and if I knew then what I do now I never would have bought it. I also have a Specwar that I have had to buy 4 muzzle brakes to use it on 4 guns. At about $70 a pop that's $280 in extra cost. The Ti-RANT pistons are $50 each but I only have to buy one per thread size. This has taught my I want direct threads going forward.

I have looked but haven't come up with my preferred brands, I thought someone might know of something and let me know before I have to look at every suppressor company in existence.

There is no do it all suooressornthat will cover those caliber IMO.

You have a .22 can already. Run everything .22 with that can.

You have a pistol can already.

You have a rifle can already.

For me it goes like this:
    Dedicated .22 can
    .45 can for pistols and PCC
    .30 cal can for all rifles.

Just buy the preferred muzzle attachments for each rifle and be done with it.

I have a Griffin Paladin in jail right now for that exact purpose. It's rated for 300wm, but serviceable so rimfire isn't an issue. It'll be dedicated to my AR's which i have in 22lr, 300blk, 6.5 Grendel and .308.

I have a dedicated .30cal can for bolt guns along with 9mm and rimfire cans also. Out of 4 suppressors, 3 are serviceable so I can take the wife and kid to shoot 22lr and have suppressors on all 3 of my rimfire guns, a CZ455, 22/45 and AR.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Kisssofdeath
    Thanks AK4900PA and awpk03s. This is the kind of information I am looking for. I did a lot of looking last night and discovered the Paladin as well as the Optimus. I like the Liberty Mystic X also, thanks for the link wasn't familiar with that one. In my search last night I learned that I can have everything I want except one that will work for a 45 acp. I'm ok with that, I do have the Ti-RANT 45M. Now I am off to investigate these three.

AK4900PA, I talked with Griffin and they told me the Paladin was rifle only and wouldn't work with pistols aka 9mm?? I didn't go into detail about it but I guess they don't make a piston??? Looks like so far the Optimus is my route. I'm still looking though.

Yeah, the bore diameter on the Paladin isn't large enough for 9mm. The Optimus would be the better option if you plan on using it on pistols also, but it sounds like your already covered for that with the Ti-Rant.

As Kadams1563 stated, IMO you're trying to stretch too thin by covering that spread of calibers. Just my opinion of course and it's worth exactly what you paid for it. The Optimus would be the best choice and leave the 22lr for the sparow and the tirant in a pinch

I don't know, if you're hellbent on this then maybe a Liberty Chaotic(?). It's a .45 version of the Mystic X that I have. It handles a shitload of calibers, like 74? And it includes .22 because it's a takedown can with a monocore bafflestack. It actually works well on 9mm, what I got it for, the Mystic X that is, but both take down. Look around on Liberty's site under the multi use or pistol caliber cans and you'll find 'em. Mystic X and the other one.

I'd still get a .22 takedown (like a Liberty Regulator) .30 and .223. Then .338 if you have one, and 9mm or .45 if you want one. And I'd get 'em in that order too. TBAC Ultra 7's or 9's would be good for .30 and .223, and even the .22 can if you want. They have mounts for everything. Then you'd have damn fine cans and could go from there if you wanted others, but you'd still use the .22 and TBAC's regularly. Or at least I do. My older 30CB9 is on my .300BLK SBR that I keep handy. I could use other cans, but this one is perfect for it.

Don't really use the Mystic X for anything anymore after I got the Sico Omega 9k. That thing is short and just awesome on a G26 or G17. Only pistols I suppress and only 9mm, minus .22. Was hoping I could sell the Mystic X but will probably end up using it on some integral something I may build in the future. It'll be good for that.

Good luck, but I really think you should slow down and get a few to handle different calibers, and do it in the order I mentioned, because if you get TBAC brakes for .30 and 5.56, you can use the .30 can for all until you can get a 5.56. And a .22 Regulator from Liberty isn't expensive. You have a pistol can, so that's covered. That's what I'd do and I'm positive you'd see better performance doing it this way. Good luck.