• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Looking for info wrt: USMC M40A3 Rings & SIMRAD cap

BestDefenseLLC

Private
Minuteman
At a local gun show this past weekend I picked up some sets of rings that a friend of mine urged me to grab. Based on what I know where they came from and what I picked up along with them, they were mounted on USMC M40A3 rifles with Unertl 10X scopes in them. Did have a few questions and knew this was the place to ask. Tried using my original account but for some reason, probably old age setting in, I couldn't remember my login so I started a new account which is fine considering my old PC and email are long gone now.

Anyway the questions are:

1. Since GG&G marked theirs as did some other mfgs and these have no markings other than being serialized to one another, who made them?
2. Since I'm pretty sure they had Unertl 10X scopes in them, what size would that make these rings and inserts?
3. What's the current market for these? I have plans on keeping on set and possibly trading off the remainder since I need some new glass and this might help fund it.

Thanks in advance!

Screen Shot 2014-02-19 at 10.22.04 AM.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. I managed to score several of these along with a major portion of a partially demilled USMC M40 Unertl 10x scope. The scope remnant is going to a friend along with a set of rings and the other sets are probably going to get listed for sale at some point.