• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Looking for Mil Dot scope for up to $500

laudy187

Private
Minuteman
Oct 14, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
I just bought a Remington 700 ltr in 308. I don't know a whole lot about scopes but I am wanting to learn on a mil dot and I have up to $500. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Looking for Mil Dot scope for up to $500

Ok thanks for the help. I have never bought rings and mounts before. How do I find what will fit me best. I have head the rings can come in diff sizes like how high up they sit. Is there a way to tell what would be best?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TxShooter63</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SS Sniper all the way... </div></div>

+1

I appreciate that the SS is a good scope, however, I think the OP would be better served learning mil/mil.

Why not go with matching reticle/adjustments.

That means a Bushnell tactical 10x mil/mil (usually 100 less the the SS), the weaver grand slam tactical 3-10x (usually the same price as the SS, except variable power), the Falcon Menace 10x or 4-14x which has the added benefit of FFP.

Midwayusa has NF mounts on sale. Also you may want to wait for the Swfa black Friday sale or find a good deal in the for sale classifieds.

Low mounts with a 20moa to 40moa base depending on the scope adjustment ranage and distance. (low rings will be fine with a 50mm to 40mm bell scope)

For customers just starting out I suggest the Bushnell fixed 10x mil/mil.
no worrying with what power it is on for range estimation
lots of online articles on how to use it
good scope for the money
you can take the money saved and put it toward ammo or training.

The fastest way to become good at long range shooting is trigger time, not the newest whizz bang product. Have a good time learning. It is really rewarding when you start getting first round hits farther than you thought possible.

When I was reading about the Bushnell 3200, I saw mixed reviews. Some love it and others say that the mils are off a bit. Is this something I should worry about?