• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Looking for new bingos. Anything close to Swarovski?

6.5 Shaggy

Private
Minuteman
Apr 29, 2012
N.W. Texas
I’m wanting a new set of binoculars. 12-15 power x 50-56 mm, not too heavy but not a major factor either. I’m used to the quality of some older swaro 10x42 el. I live in a rural area so nota lot of opportunities to go look at high end stuff. Is there anything else to consider that is close to swaro without the price? Meopta, Steiner, Kowa? I have used Leica Geovids and they weren’t a fit for me. Are the non rangefinding models considerably different?
Any intel is greatly appreciated.

My $0.02:

The Leica Trinovid HD are a good option in the 10x42 category if you wanna save some money. They're no Swaro's though. In 12x50 and up class, you may as well fork over another 800 and get Swaro's.

Bingos? Is this is new term I am unaware of? ;) OP, you do realize you can edit your original post and correct spelling issues.

To answer your question, the Japanese glass that I've seen the closest to Euro glass with regard to color are the Maven bino's. On a more neutral level the Vortex Razor UHD binos typically run neck and neck with Maven. Also, Zeiss Conquest HD 15x56 usually get good reviews for the price.

The Steiner HX 15×56 is also right there in the hunt at about $1200. Ive compared them to quite a few binos at PRS matches, the glass quality is as good or better than anything at its price point. They use Schott glass and prisms.

I recently picked up a pair of Steiner M1050r LRF binos. They are right there with Swarovski ELs. Same light transmission rating and Twilight Factor rating. But no money to be saved there im afraid. They come in at about $4500 with the mil reticle and LRF built in.

Thanks guys for your input. ’BINGOS” I corrected that crap twice but I guess my iPad knew more about the subject than I did. I have used 10x42 Steiner peregrine and found them very nice. A friend‘s guide had a pair of Mavens that he said were very clear, and he owns 10x42 ELs. I will check these options out, and thanks again.

I have 10x swaros, and 15x Meoptas, the color is ever so slightly more "vivid" in the Swaros. The near perfect bino in my mind would be a 12x Meoptas.