• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Looking for opinions on a can for my M24

RetArmySgt

Private
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2011
Houston, TX
I have an M24 (Remington 700 built to M24 specs) and was looking for opinions on what type of can to get for it. Best sound reduction, smallest size, or best combination of the two.

Re: Looking for opinions on a can for my M24

For the M24A2, the Ops Inc 3rd model would be the way to go.

If you don't care about keeping your rifle to some sort of spec, then that opens the door to a ton of options.

We're doing a pre-order in the group buy forum that is linked to my sig line banner and the RSTA isn't small, but will be a high performance product, and it is small in terms of 7.5" length forward of the muzzle. We're making mounts and there will be brake and flash suppressor mounts available.

Other options abound, and Thunderbeast is a commercial partner here and makes great titanium thread mount suppressors for precision rifle users.

Hey, familiar face from a great Texas forum! Welcome. Is keeping it spec super important? By smallest size, do you mean short, light, or both? How do you want to mount the can? Thread-on, Muzzle brake mount, FA/QD? Options, options, options.

I think I want to go with a thread on, black (not one of those SS looking types Ive seen) and by small I mean over all dimensions and weight. I hope this helps some. I have seen one with a Cyclone that i liked but it wasn't as quiet as some of the others Ive seen, and i would like quiet but would also like compactness which is where the opinions are needed.

The Cyclone is probably one of the quietest to my ears 30 cal suppressors that I have used. Most of the 30 cal suppressors are going to be around 9" or so in length. There are several short and fatter suppressors on the market too. Brevis and Wilson Combat suppressors come to mind.

If you want quiet and still keep it to spec as to what the M24A2 is, I have a Ops Inc 3rd Model in stock. But, it's not the lightest or smallest suppressor out there. It is a over the barrel design which does cut down the overall length added by a lot. And it is the quietest 308 suppressor I have ever used!

Another great option would be the TBAC 30P-1. It is probably our most popular 30 cal precision suppressor that we sell. We have used it on everything from our 300BLK to a 300WM with no problems in accuracy.

I think I deceided on a AAC 7.62SD so i can use it on my M-24 and my AR. But I just noticed in a few other threads on here that there is a bad POI shift problem with them. Those where old post so do yall know if those problems have been fixed or still an issue?