Rifle Scopes  Looking for QD mount Opinion

kusai

Private
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2011
FtWorth TX
www.ipstrada.net
Hi there,

As the title says. I am looking for a QD mount and totally lost here. What I am looking for is

Mount for AR-10
1 peice
QD (not really necessary)

Other than Larue I dont see much options here. And how does Burris AR-PEPR compared to larue since there is a huge price diffrence.

m1match

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2003
Western US
Re: Looking for QD mount Opinion

Larue isn't the only option. Bobro, ADM, and GDI also make one piece QD mounts. I find that my Larue mounts are pretty good, but the return to zero isn't quite good enough for a precision rifle.

KillShot

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
May 25, 2010
Tulsa, Oklahoma

If it doesn't have to be a QD, take a look at the Spuhr mount. For a QD mount, GDI or ADM.

insight3b

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 8, 2007
TN

ARMS throw lever rings have worked well for me.

kusai

Private
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2011
FtWorth TX
www.ipstrada.net

I am looking to mount a USO scope on my LMT 308. So I guess its a long process since I just got the rifle and will be purchasing stuff one thing at a time.

Autark

Private
Minuteman
Jan 15, 2012

USO has a QD mount as well. Badger has a good non QD mount I used. . Just make sure you consider whether or not you need any cant built in on the mount. The Badger I got did not, so I had to bite the bullet and spring for the USO mount.

Which USO are you using and what's the max range you think you'll be shooting?

powell

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 4, 2010
Johnstown, Colorado

If OD is a need or not Burris makes both. If you dont know the differance between Burris and LaRue there is a great chance the Burris will sufice. If you are needing a one piece mount that will enable you to push your optic forward so you are able to get a proper stock cheek weld and do not plan on taking it on and off then I would think the Burris would fulfill your needs. I have a couple of them and they have served me well.

LibertyOptics

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2004
Freeport Florida
www.libertyoptics.com

We've had huge success with the ADM mounts. Heard good things about a new GG&G mount but have yet to examine one.

The ADM isn't the fastest to mount nor the fastest on or off, but they are rock solid and very repeatable, and do zero harm to your rail

Scott

samnev

First Sargeant
Minuteman
  • Mar 16, 2010
    Surprise, AZ

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: powell</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If OD is a need or not Burris makes both. If you dont know the differance between Burris and LaRue there is a great chance the Burris will sufice. If you are needing a one piece mount that will enable you to push your optic forward so you are able to get a proper stock cheek weld and do not plan on taking it on and off then I would think the Burris would fulfill your needs. I have a couple of them and they have served me well. </div></div>

Same here I have 5 of the Burris PERP mounts in use on 308 and 2223 platforms 2 are the QD's 3 are the fixed type. Both types worked fine for me and are very sturdy,

raider1v1

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Mar 16, 2010
    Kansas City, MO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m1match</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Larue isn't the only option. Bobro, ADM, and GDI also make one piece QD mounts. I find that my Larue mounts are pretty good, but the return to zero isn't quite good enough for a precision rifle. </div></div>

is there a mount that IS good enough for a precision rifle or should we just stick with a bolt on?

Tactical_Tom

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Dec 15, 2009
    PA, Bradford

I have looked at or owned most of the cantilever quick detach scope mounts and the best quick detach mount is made by GSI it also cost $500... The Larue, Bobro, and ADM mounts all have things about them I don't like.

If was buying a new mount I would however get a Aadland mount. The only reason to take a scope of is to use iron sights and I prefer of center ones.

raider1v1

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Mar 16, 2010
    Kansas City, MO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tactical_Tom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have looked at or owned most of the cantilever quick detach scope mounts and the best quick detach mount is made by GSI it also cost $500... The Larue, Bobro, and ADM mounts all have things about them I don't like.

If was buying a new mount I would however get a Aadland mount. The only reason to take a scope of is to use iron sights and I prefer of center ones. </div></div>

what would you recommend for a PEPR style mount going on a bolt gun?

Ring

Rifle Instructor
    Minuteman
    Dec 12, 2009
    Medina, Ohio
    sites.google.com

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kubitza</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I run ADM QD Recon mounts on most of my guns and for the price it would be hard to find a better mount IMO</div></div>

me 2

Freeze

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Sep 10, 2007
    Alberta, Canada

I use Recknagel (era-tac) from Germany. Locking levers. Sweet piece of kit.
    Machining is awesome and locks up tight. They also make QD individual rings and such.
    7B74722D-318F-4AE0-8BCC-B8B3E9437CB4-112-000000010DFBA1CB.jpg

DA39C91C-EFD5-4DA6-8FBE-849418DAC34F-112-000000011EBEC93D.jpg

0D7F3A4A-A801-4F6F-805C-26E511BADEF2-112-00000000FCA55407.jpg

10E8D559-0566-440F-BC99-956F6F500949-112-00000000CDF10FA2.jpg

Non-QD 20 MOA version with anti-cant and cosine
    9F18EAF1-7535-4F25-895A-03015E20D2BB-4569-000005BB055088F5.jpg

KillShot

Major Hide Member
    Minuteman
    May 25, 2010
    Tulsa, Oklahoma

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kopfjager 4-96</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Larue will cost a bit more but you cannot go wrong with the products they produce, top of the line</div></div>

Sure you can. Do a search on here and read where Larue mounts have been known to damage the rail, amongst other things.

lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
    Staff member
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com

QD mounts are all about bearing surface. The more surface area the mount holds, the better.

If you understand this, it's easy to see Larue has the smallest bearing surface to hold the mount to the rail.

Choose wisely and think surface area, knife edging the rail is a poor choice.

Red_SC

Redheaded Stepchild
    Minuteman
    Nov 26, 2003
    Florence, SC

How do the ADM, Bobro, and GDI compare in that area? I am about to buy one for a low powered AR15 optic, and am leaning towards ADM.

Sig716

Private
    Minuteman
    Sep 19, 2012

I like with ADM QD mounts, they can be found for around $150!

LoneWolfUSMC

Lt. Colonel
    Minuteman
    Jan 9, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    www.8541tactical.com

Bobro is excellent quality. I have gotten a perfect RTZ with their single lever mount. I have a dual lever here waiting to test.

I have not been able to get GDI to send me a mount yet to run a RTZ test on.

Alamo Four Star DLOC is another to consider, but again I have not gotten to a RTZ test on them yet.