• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Looking for QD mount Opinion

kusai

Private
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2011
FtWorth TX
www.ipstrada.net
Hi there,

As the title says. I am looking for a QD mount and totally lost here. What I am looking for is

Mount for AR-10
1 peice
QD (not really necessary)

Other than Larue I dont see much options here. And how does Burris AR-PEPR compared to larue since there is a huge price diffrence.

Re: Looking for QD mount Opinion

Larue isn't the only option. Bobro, ADM, and GDI also make one piece QD mounts. I find that my Larue mounts are pretty good, but the return to zero isn't quite good enough for a precision rifle.

If it doesn't have to be a QD, take a look at the Spuhr mount. For a QD mount, GDI or ADM.

ARMS throw lever rings have worked well for me.

I am looking to mount a USO scope on my LMT 308. So I guess its a long process since I just got the rifle and will be purchasing stuff one thing at a time.

USO has a QD mount as well. Badger has a good non QD mount I used. . Just make sure you consider whether or not you need any cant built in on the mount. The Badger I got did not, so I had to bite the bullet and spring for the USO mount.

Which USO are you using and what's the max range you think you'll be shooting?

If OD is a need or not Burris makes both. If you dont know the differance between Burris and LaRue there is a great chance the Burris will sufice. If you are needing a one piece mount that will enable you to push your optic forward so you are able to get a proper stock cheek weld and do not plan on taking it on and off then I would think the Burris would fulfill your needs. I have a couple of them and they have served me well.

We've had huge success with the ADM mounts. Heard good things about a new GG&G mount but have yet to examine one.

The ADM isn't the fastest to mount nor the fastest on or off, but they are rock solid and very repeatable, and do zero harm to your rail

Scott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: powell</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If OD is a need or not Burris makes both. If you dont know the differance between Burris and LaRue there is a great chance the Burris will sufice. If you are needing a one piece mount that will enable you to push your optic forward so you are able to get a proper stock cheek weld and do not plan on taking it on and off then I would think the Burris would fulfill your needs. I have a couple of them and they have served me well. </div></div>

Same here I have 5 of the Burris PERP mounts in use on 308 and 2223 platforms 2 are the QD's 3 are the fixed type. Both types worked fine for me and are very sturdy,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m1match</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Larue isn't the only option. Bobro, ADM, and GDI also make one piece QD mounts. I find that my Larue mounts are pretty good, but the return to zero isn't quite good enough for a precision rifle. </div></div>

is there a mount that IS good enough for a precision rifle or should we just stick with a bolt on?

I have looked at or owned most of the cantilever quick detach scope mounts and the best quick detach mount is made by GSI it also cost $500... The Larue, Bobro, and ADM mounts all have things about them I don't like.

If was buying a new mount I would however get a Aadland mount. The only reason to take a scope of is to use iron sights and I prefer of center ones.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tactical_Tom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have looked at or owned most of the cantilever quick detach scope mounts and the best quick detach mount is made by GSI it also cost $500... The Larue, Bobro, and ADM mounts all have things about them I don't like.

If was buying a new mount I would however get a Aadland mount. The only reason to take a scope of is to use iron sights and I prefer of center ones. </div></div>

what would you recommend for a PEPR style mount going on a bolt gun?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kubitza</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I run ADM QD Recon mounts on most of my guns and for the price it would be hard to find a better mount IMO</div></div>

me 2

I use Recknagel (era-tac) from Germany. Locking levers. Sweet piece of kit.
Machining is awesome and locks up tight. They also make QD individual rings and such.
7B74722D-318F-4AE0-8BCC-B8B3E9437CB4-112-000000010DFBA1CB.jpg

DA39C91C-EFD5-4DA6-8FBE-849418DAC34F-112-000000011EBEC93D.jpg

0D7F3A4A-A801-4F6F-805C-26E511BADEF2-112-00000000FCA55407.jpg

10E8D559-0566-440F-BC99-956F6F500949-112-00000000CDF10FA2.jpg

Non-QD 20 MOA version with anti-cant and cosine
9F18EAF1-7535-4F25-895A-03015E20D2BB-4569-000005BB055088F5.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kopfjager 4-96</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Larue will cost a bit more but you cannot go wrong with the products they produce, top of the line</div></div>

Sure you can. Do a search on here and read where Larue mounts have been known to damage the rail, amongst other things.

QD mounts are all about bearing surface. The more surface area the mount holds, the better.

If you understand this, it's easy to see Larue has the smallest bearing surface to hold the mount to the rail.

Choose wisely and think surface area, knife edging the rail is a poor choice.

How do the ADM, Bobro, and GDI compare in that area? I am about to buy one for a low powered AR15 optic, and am leaning towards ADM.

I like with ADM QD mounts, they can be found for around $150!

Bobro is excellent quality. I have gotten a perfect RTZ with their single lever mount. I have a dual lever here waiting to test.

I have not been able to get GDI to send me a mount yet to run a RTZ test on.

Alamo Four Star DLOC is another to consider, but again I have not gotten to a RTZ test on them yet.